|Associated acts||The Verve, Coldplay, Goldfrapp, Portishead|
Black Submarine, previously known as The Black Ships until mid-2012, are an English rock band formed in November 2008 by former Verve members Nick McCabe and Simon Jones, Coldplay/Goldfrapp collaborator Davide Rossi, singer Amelia Tucker and drummer Mig Schillace.
Electric violinist Davide Rossi, who also featured on The Verve's 2008 reunion album Forth, shared the stage with the band at festivals including V Festival and Glastonbury Festival. Drummer Mig Schillace, was a collaborator of McCabe in previous musical incarnations such as 'Field Theory'. The band started rehearsing in Copenhagen before deciding on the band name in March/April 2009 and released their long awaited debut EP "Kurofune" in June 2011. The band also made their live debut in June 2011 at King's College Students Union in London, featuring a host of different vocalists including Amelia Tucker, David McKellar and Charley Bickers. The band contributed a version of Rope Soul'd to the John Martyn tribute album "Johnny Boy Would Love This: A Tribute To John Martyn" released in August 2011. The band also contributed a version of Renee to the Talk Talk tribute album "Spirit of Talk Talk" released in September 2012 featuring Amelia Tucker.
In April 2012 the band changed their name to "Black Submarine" following a dispute with a US band, a self-published electronic duo, who trademarked the name in April 2011, 2 years after the band was formed.
The band, joined by Amelia Tucker, contributed four tracks to the soundtrack of Java Heat, an Indonesian action film released in 2013, starring Mickey Rourke and Kellan Lutz.
In October 2013, the band announced that they would be releasing their debut album, "New Shores", in February 2014. 
- 2011 Kurofune (free digital EP).
- 2013 Java Heat Official Soundtrack (Tracks contributed: See Through You, Sunset Red Light, Living in this City, Give Us Back)
- Nick McCabe - guitar, electronics
- Simon Jones - bass
- Davide Rossi - violin, vocals, arrangements
- Michele "Mig" Schillace - drums, percussion
- Amelia Tucker - vocals, arrangements
- "Members of The Verve, Goldfrapp team up for new band | News". Nme.Com. 31 July 2009. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "The Black Ships: In Pursuit Of Goose Pimples | Interviews | DIY". Thisisfakediy.co.uk. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- Will Ridge. "The Black Ships | Kurofune | CD Review". Leedsmusicscene.net. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Echo Magazine — The Black Ships – Kurofune EP". Echomagazine.org. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Ex-Verve duo to make live debut as The Black Ships in June - ticket details | News". Nme.Com. 13 April 2011. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- Jurek, Thom (16 August 2011). "Johnny Boy Would Love This: A Tribute to John Martyn - Various Artists". AllMusic. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Spirit of Talk Talk". Fierce Panda.
- "blacksubmarine.co.uk". Black Submarine official website.