|Origin||California and Vietnam|
|Years active||2006 - present|
Nguyễn Tiến Hưng
Black Infinity is a Vietnamese Heavy metal band, formed in 2006 by Nguyễn Tiến Hưng, Đặng Thái Sơn, Nguyễn Tiến Mẫn (Hưng's younger brother), and Tiger Vũ. According to their website, the band plays Death metal, Goth metal and Doom metal. During the time of founding the band, Cường Em also joined them but was later replaced by Phạm Hòang Mỹ (Phệ). By the end of 2006, La Cẩm Mãn entered the band. The band Black Infinity actually originates from California: Tiến Hưng (who played for the band Sorrow Decadence in South California) recruited his brother Tiến Mẫn and Thái Sơn in Vietnam and bassist Tiger Vũ from San Francisco. The group headed back to Vietnam to release the first EP: Apocalyptic via Hehemetal, a popular metal website in Vietnam.
Black Infinity became popular in Vietnam within a year with their top hits.
- "Embracing hearts"
- "Lost Angels": Winner of the 2008 Nokia Award Hát Cho Niềm Đam Mê
- "The Secret": (the song appeared on the Planet Metal compilation of the Metal Hammer magazine in April 2010).
The band released their first album 666 Metal on July 18, 2009. It consists of 11 tracks.
In 2011, Drummer Hoàng Mỹ was fired from the band because of Drugs Addiction and was replaced by drummer La Cẩm Cường ( Keyboard La Cẩm Mãn younger Brother )
Summer 2012, The band released and Launched their DVD " Rising From The Dark " Documentary at Hardrock Cafe Ho Chi Minh and Supported by MTV Viet Nam
- Nguyễn Tiến Hưng (Vocal)
- Nguyễn Tiến Mẫn (Guitar)
- Đặng Thái Sơn (Guitar)
- Tiger Vũ (Bassist)
- La Cẫm Cường (Drum)
- La Cẫm Mãn (Keyboard)
- "Chung kết "Hát cho niềm đam mê": Black Infinity và Red Cross đồng hạng nhất (lit.: Hát Cho Niềm Đam Mê Finals: Black Infinity and Red Cross win the first prize)". Tuổi Trẻ Online (in Vietnamese). 18 May 2008. ISSN 1859-1094. ""Giải nhất đồng hạng: ban Black Infinity (ca khúc Lost angel) và ban Red Cross (Cơn mưa lạnh) - cùng chia nhau giải thưởng 100 triệu đồng (lit.: Tied for first prize: Black Infinity (with Lost Angel) and Red Cross... share the award of VND 100 million)."
- "Planet Metal CD Revealed". Metal Hammer. 10 March 2010.
- "Bands shortlisted for best in ASEAN". ASEAN Vietnam. 30 June 2010.
|This article on a band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|