Blackhole (video game)
Developers originally intended to make a remake of PacIn: Revenge of Nermesssis, FiolaSoft Studio's previous title. Unlike the original game the remake was intended to be released on Steam and in English. Due to technical problems the game was cancelled and fiolaSoft started to work on a new project. One of team members Vojta Stránský previously worked on an platformer game but made only a prototype. The prototype interested other members of FiolaSoft so they started to work on it and named it Blackhole. Blackhole was announced in March 2014 at Game expo 2014 in Bratislava. Developers also started a Steam Greenlight campign and in May 2014 the game was Greenlit.
The game is set in 2121. Earth is threatened by Black holes. The story follows a group of astronauts whose job is to neutralise these black holes to protect their home planet. Their effort is successful until their ship is swallowed by one of a massive black hole. Player takes control of ship‘s coffee-maker assistant who is accompanied with the ship’s artificial intelligence (voiced by Kira Buckland) loaded into a PDA. Now he has to collect nanobots called Selfburns to repair the ship.
Blackhole is a platformer in which a player has to collect Selfburns to procceed further in the game. There are also objects that change the gravity for player. It helps him reach places that would be otherwise unreachable for him. In the course of the game player gets through 6 ACTs set in different world such as a Cave or a jungle.
- Princ, Zdeněk. "Blackhole se chlubí novým prostředím". Hrej.cz. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "FiolaSoft Studio announced the game Blackhole through Steam Greenlight, collaborating with YouTubers.". Gamasutra. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- Cvrček, Martin. "Rozhovor s Filipem Kraucherem nejen o Blackhole". Zing.cz. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- Kraucher, Filip. "Blackhole is coming on STEAM!". Steam. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- Smutný, Aleš. "Česká sci-fi plošinovka Blackhole si hraje s gravitací". Games.cz. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "Story". Blackhole Game. Retrieved 17 May 2014.
- "Blackhole". Steam Greenlight. Retrieved 17 May 2014.