As a designated place in the 2011 census, Blackie had a population of 343 living in 138 of its 149 total dwellings, a 0.3% change from its 2006 population of 342. With a land area of 0.74 km2 (0.29 sq mi), it had a population density of 464/km2 (1,200/sq mi) in 2011.
- Jeremy Colliton - professional ice hockey centre
- "Boxcar" Pat Egan - former professional ice hockey defenseman
- Alberta Municipal Affairs (2010-04-01). "Specialized and Rural Municipalities and Their Communities". Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- Fencelines and Furrows History Book Society (1971). Fencelines and Furrows. p. 77.
- Alberta Queen's Printer (1912-12-30). "Establishment of the Village of Blackie". Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- Alberta Queen's Printer (1997-08-13). "Order in Council (O.C.) 343/97". Retrieved 2010-06-24.
- "Population and dwelling counts, for Canada, provinces and territories, and designated places, 2011 and 2006 censuses (Alberta)". Statistics Canada. 2012-02-08. Retrieved 2012-04-06.
|This Calgary Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|