Blackley and Broughton (UK Parliament constituency)
|Blackley and Broughton|
for the House of Commons
Boundary of Blackley and Broughton in Greater Manchester.
Location of Greater Manchester within England.
|Population||110,754 (2011 census)|
|Electorate||69,006 (December 2010)|
|Member of parliament||Graham Stringer (Labour)|
|Number of members||One|
|Created from||Manchester Blackley and part of Salford.|
|European Parliament constituency||North West England|
Formed following the Boundary Commission for England's review of parliamentary representation in Greater Manchester, this seat is a cross-border constituency with electoral wards from Salford and Manchester. The constituency of Blackley and Broughton is the successor seat to Manchester Blackley
- From the city of Salford, the wards of: Broughton, and Kersal.
- From the city of Manchester, the wards of: Charlestown, Cheetham, Crumpsall, Harpurhey, and Higher Blackley.
Members of Parliament
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: Blackley and Broughton|
|Liberal Democrat||Richard Gadsden|
|General Election 2010: Blackley and Broughton|
|Liberal Democrat||William Hobhouse||4,861||14.2||-4.9|
|Christian||Shafiq uz Zaman||161||0.5||N/A|
- * Served as an MP in the 2005–2010 Parliament
Notes and references
- "Blackley and Broughton: Usual Resident Population, 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 31 January 2015.
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "B" (part 3)[self-published source][better source needed]
- Blackley and Broughton UKPOLLING