|Origin||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Genres||Hardcore punk, experimental rock|
|Labels||Deathwish, Six Feet Under|
|Past members||Todd Jones
The band formed in the early 2000s, and comprised George Hirsch (vocals), Jay Pepito (guitar), Tim Smith (bass), and Zach Trotta (drums). The band self-released their debut self-titled 7-inch EP in 2003. This led to a deal with the Stillborn label, and another EP, Our Youth Is Wasted. Pepito left to form Reign Supreme. The band then recorded a series of split releases for the Deathwish label, who also reissued the band's first two releases together as We're Unstoppable, described by PopMatters as "a furiously brief dose of old-school punk and hardcore dissonance". The band's release, No One Deserves To Be Here More Than Me, featured a stylistic turn to an early 90s grunge sound, abandoning most of the speed and favoring heavy, repetitive grooves.
In November 2013, Blacklisted frontman George Hirsch released an acoustic solo album titled There's Honey In the Soil So We Wait for the Till under the moniker Harm Wülf.
Blacklisted began writing a fourth studio album and follow up to 2009's No One Deserves To Be Here More Than Me in late 2013. Their fourth studio album titled When People Grow, People Go was produced by Will Yip and will be released on February 10, 2015 through Deathwish. The album's sound is said to be a mix of Blacklisted's style on the experimental album No One Deserves To Be Here More Than Me with the style on the hardcore album Heavier Than Heaven, Lonelier Than God.
- ...The Beat Goes On (Deathwish, 2005)
- Heavier Than Heaven, Lonelier Than God (Deathwish, 2008)
- No One Deserves To Be Here More Than Me (Deathwish, 2009)
- When People Grow, People Go (Deathwish, 2015)
- We're Unstoppable (Deathwish, 2005)
- Demo (Walk All Night, 2003)
- Our Youth Is Wasted (Walk All Night, Stillborn), 2003)
- The Dead Man's Hand 03 Split [w/ First Blood] (Deathwish, 2004)
- Live from Nowhere, USA (6131, 2006)
- Peace on Earth, War on Stage (Deathwish, 2007)
- Eccentrichine (Six Feet Under, 2010)
- So, You Are A Magician? (Six Feet Under, 2012)
- Live On BBC 1 (Six Feet Under, 2012)
- "I Am Weighing Me Down" (2008)
- Generations (Revelation, 2005)
- True, Chris "Blacklisted Biography", Allmusic, retrieved 2010-04-17
- Jagernauth, Kevin (2005) "Blacklisted We're Unstoppable", PopMatters, 19 October 2005, retrieved 2010-04-17
- "Harm Wülf, Blacklisted Singer G. Hirsch's Solo Project, Streams New Album, 'There's Honey in the Soil so We Wait for the Till'". Revolver. NewBay Media. November 1, 2013. Retrieved November 1, 2013.
- Yancey, Bryne (October 29, 2013). "Blacklisted writing new LP". Punknews.org. Retrieved November 1, 2013.
- Adams, Gregory (December 3, 2014). "Blacklisted Announce First New LP in 6 Years". Exclaim!. Retrieved December 4, 2014.
- Kraus, Brian (September 22, 2012). "Listen to a new Blacklisted song, 'Mentalist'". Alternative Press. Retrieved September 22, 2012.
|This article on a United States punk rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|