Blackpool North and Cleveleys (UK Parliament constituency)
|Blackpool North and Cleveleys|
|for the House of Commons|
Boundary of Blackpool North and Cleveleys in Lancashire for the 2010 general election.
Location of Lancashire within England.
|Electorate||66,187 (December 2010)|
|Member of Parliament||Paul Maynard (Conservative)|
|Created from||Blackpool North and Fleetwood|
|European Parliament constituency||North West England|
Blackpool North and Cleveleys ('blakpuːl nɔrθ and kliːv'lɪz) is a constituency[n 1] represented in the House of Commons of the UK Parliament since its creation in 2010 by Paul Maynard of the Conservative Party.[n 2]
The electoral wards used in the new seat are:
- From the Borough of Blackpool: Anchorsholme, Bispham, Claremont, Greenlands, Ingthorpe, Layton, Norbreck, Park, Warbreck
- From the Borough of Wyre: Bourne, Cleveleys Park, Jubilee, Victoria
This new creation splits the twin Wyre communities of Thornton-Cleveleys between two constituencies. Cleveleys is the closer of the two to the Blackpool border, and encroaches onto near neighbour Poulton-le-Fylde, which moves to Wyre and Preston North.
Members of Parliament
The current MP is Conservative Paul Maynard
Elections in the 2010s
|General Election 2015: Blackpool North and Cleveleys |
|General Election 2010: Blackpool North and Cleveleys|
|Liberal Democrat||Bill Greene||5,400||13.3||-0.4|
|Monster Raving Loony||Tony Davies||198||0.5||+0.5|
|Conservative gain from Labour||Swing||+6.9|
Notes and References
- "Electorate Figures - Boundary Commission for England". 2011 Electorate Figures. Boundary Commission for England. 4 March 2011. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "B" (part 3)[self-published source][better source needed]
- Election 2010 - Blackpool North & Cleveleys BBC News
|This article relating to a constituency of the Parliament of the United Kingdom or its predecessors is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|