Blackrock College RFC
|Full name||Blackrock College Rugby Football Club|
|CEO||David 'Bolo Bollers' Boland|
|Captain(s)||Davy 'Mini Bolo' Rowan|
Blackrock College Rugby Football Club is a rugby union club located in Blackrock, Dublin, Ireland. The club was founded in 1882 by former pupils of Blackrock College. Their senior team currently plays in Division 2A of the All-Ireland League
Blackrock College RFC was founded in 1882 making it one of the oldest senior rugby clubs in Ireland. While it bears the name and is closely affiliated to the world renowned school at Williamstown, it is an open club.
The club fields adult men’s and women’s teams, under 20’s and has a mini and youth’s section all of whom are actively involved in the various competitions throughout Leinster.
The men’s senior adult team in Blackrock College RFC is in division 2A of the AIL. It has actively sought to develop and a comprehensive under 20’s academy striving to provide and environment in which aspiring rugby players can thrive. The club has a long tradition of producing players for the International side many of whom have also represented the Lions such as Fergus Slattery, Willie Duggan, Mick Doyle, Brendan Mullen, Hugo McNeill and more recently Shane Byrne, Brian O’Driscall, Leo Cullen, Luke Fitzgerald and Ian Madigan.
In July 2014 the club started the building of its new gym.
- All-Ireland Cup
- Leinster Senior League
- 1975, 1982, 1983, 1991: 4
- Leinster Senior Cup
- 1937, 1939, 1957, 1961, 1983, 1988, 1992, 2000:8
Notable former players
British and Irish Lions
The following Blackrock players have also played at international level.
- Full-backs: Mark Scott Lennon, Jan Simon Byrne, King Lewy
- Wings: Luke Fitzgerald, Chris Moran, Davey Rowan (Club Captain) David Scott Lennon, Ian Byrne
- Centres: Robert Keogh, Riaan Van Der Vyver, Carl Murray, Brendan Macken, Emile Van Wyk
- Out-halves: Mark Underwood, David Godfrey, Ian Madigan
- Scrum-halves: Myles Patterson, Adam Griggs, Jack O'Carroll, Craig Duffy,
- Front-rows: Rhys Buckler, Gavin Brennan, Daryl Charmant Dunne, Karl Haitana, Keith Lumsden
- Hookers: Gavin Hegarty, Ryan Fisher, Jack Kelly
- Second-rows: Giancoma Pola, Leo Cullen, Owen Cullen, Brian Besanson, Ferdia Mulloy
- Wing-forwards: Sam Cooke, Peter McCague, Richard Marsh, Karl O'Riordan
- Number 8s: Job Langbroek, Michael Carroll
- international List of internationals
- The Ireland Rugby Miscellany (2007): Ciaran Cronin