|Genre||young adult, mystery|
|Media type||Print (hardcover)|
|LC Class||PZ7.R2776 Bla 2006|
Juliana, a fifteen-year old girl, moves with her mother to the artists' colony of Blackthorn, England from the United States while her parents are undergoing a separation. She begins to investigate a murder of one of the artists living at the colony.
Critical reception for Blackthorn Winter has been mixed to positive, and the book received reviews from the School Library Journal and Horn Book Guide. Kliatt gave Blackthorn Winter a positive review, stating that "YAs who like mysteries in atmospheric settings will enjoy this one." The Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books gave a more mixed review, as they felt that the book had too many elements at play that made what was an otherwise enjoyable read sluggish at points.
- "Blackthorn Winter (audio review)". Booklist. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Blackthorn Winter (review)". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Blackthorn Winter (review)". Kirkus Reviews. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- "Blackthorn Winter (review)". Horn Book Guide, School Library Journal (BookVerdict). Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Rosser, Claire (November 1, 2007). "Reiss, Kathryn. Blackthorn winter, a murder mystery.(Young adult review)". Kliatt (subscription required) 41 (6): 21. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
- Gaffney, Loretta (2006). "Blackthorn Winter (review)". Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books 59 (6): 283–284. Retrieved 2 February 2014.
|This article about a mystery novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|