|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008)|
|Blacktown Mount Druitt Health
Western Sydney Local Health District
|Care system||Public Medicare (AU)|
|Affiliated university||University of Western Sydney|
|Lists||Hospitals in Australia|
Blacktown Hospital is an acute care hospital in Blacktown, New South Wales, Australia. Together with Mount Druitt Hospital and associated community health centres, it is a part of the Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD).
Blacktown Hospital has approximately 400 beds. It provides a wide range of health services including:
- Ante-Natal/Gynaecology Unit
- Delivery Suite
- Special Care Nursery
- Acute Medical
- Coronary Care and Coronary Stepdown Unit
- Diabetes Center
- Acute Rehabilitation
- Acute Stroke Unit
- Pre-Admission Clinic
- Day Procedure Unit
- Surgical/Medical Short Stay Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
- High Dependency
- Oncology Services
- Mental Health
- Regional Dialysis Centre
- Community Health Services including Dental.
The Hospital also includes Bungarribee House, a psychiatric unit that, along with Cumberland Hospital provides mental health services to western Sydney. The hospital's sub-acute mental health care facility, called the Melaleuca Unit, opened in 2014.
In 2012, the NSW Government announced Blacktown Mount Druitt Hospital Expansion Project Stage 1. The Blacktown campus projects include:
- A new sub-acute (step-down) mental health care unit called the Melaleuca Unit, completed in 2014
- A new clinical services building for cancer, cardiac, respiratory and aged care including a new cancer care unit
- A new 600-space car park completed in 2014
- Infrastructure and service enhancements.
The new clinical services building will open in 2015; further refurbishment of the existing hospital will be completed in 2016. The expansion project will deliver an additional beds for the campus.
Stage 2 of the project is currently being planned.