Blades of Time
|Blades of Time|
|Engine||Dagor Engine 3.0|
|Release date(s)||PlayStation 3, Xbox 360
April 21, 2012
Mac OS X
|Genre(s)||Action, hack and slash|
|Distribution||Optical disc, download|
Blades of Time (ブレイズ オブ タイム Bureizu obu Taimu?) is a hack-and-slash action game developed by Gaijin Entertainment and published by Konami for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Mac OS X. The game is a spiritual successor to Gaijin Entertainment's past work, X-Blades. Blades of Time was released in North America on March 6 and in Japan on March 8, 2012. The Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X versions were announced at a later date, the Microsoft Windows version being released on April 21, 2012, followed by the Mac OS X version a few days after.
The game features an ability called “Time Rewind”, which lets the player turn back time and produces a clone that replicates the last actions Ayumi made. This ability will be vital in solving puzzles and fighting hordes of enemies. The game also features a "Dash" ability which can instantly close the distance between Ayumi and her enemies, as well as travel quickly using environmental features.
As the game progresses, Ayumi will be able to unlock more than 40 sets of skills, including melee, tactics, combos, as well as the powerful Order and Chaos forms of magic.
Blades of Time will feature large maps, such as snowy lands, jungles, ancient cities, temples and sky islands.
The game also offers both a Co-Op campaign and PvP features.
A gunsword-wielding treasure hunter named Ayumi (アユミ Ayumi?) finds herself stuck on a mysterious and dangerous island. While rich with bounty, the island is also caught in the throes of Chaos magic. Ayumi soon discovers that it is also the home of thousands of long-held secrets, including special powers and abilities that she can gain for herself.
Using everything she can, she must find a way to defeat armies of menacing villains and a multitude of treacherous traps in order to break free of the possessed island’s grasp.
- Ishaan (February 21, 2012). "Ayumi Picks Up A British Accent For Blades of Time". siliconera. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- Ishaan (June 9, 2011). "Konami’s Blades of Time Has Neat "Time Rewind" Feature To Clone Yourself". siliconera. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "Blades of Time Seeks to Keep the Good of X-Blades (Thong) and Do Away With the Bad (Everything Else)". games abyss.com. Retrieved 2011-12-02.
- Gaijin Entertainment (July 21, 2011). "Gaijin Entertainment – Blades of Time". Gaijin Entertainment. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- Usher, William (March 22, 2012). "Blades Of Time Coming To PC, Mac On April 20th". cinemablend. Retrieved March 23, 2012.