|Date of birth||February 29, 1988|
|Place of birth||Sacramento, California|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight||205 lb (93 kg)|
|Rugby union career|
|Professional / senior clubs|
|Years||Club / team||Caps||(points)|
|correct as of 20 December 2014.|
|Years||Club / team||Caps||(points)|
|correct as of 2 November 2014.|
|Sevens national teams|
|Years||Club / team||Comps|
Youth and college career
Scully attended Jesuit High School in Sacramento, CA, where Scully lettered in basketball, swimming, and water polo, and earned All-American honors in water polo and swimming.
Scully took up rugby in college, where he played for UCLA for two years, before transferring to play rugby with Cal for the following three years. Scully was a standout player in college, his accolades include: four time All-American, captain of the 2011 USA Rugby Collegiate All-Americans Touring Squad, and two national titles with Cal.
Scully also played for the Cal rugby sevens team at the Collegiate Rugby Championship (CRC). Scully led Cal to a second-place finish at the 2010 CRC tournament. Scully captained Cal at the 2011 CRC, earning a place on the All-Tournament team.
Scully graduated from Cal in 2011 with a degree in history.
In summer 2013, Scully joined the Leicester team that played in the 2013 JP Morgan 7s, and was praised highly by many observers for his hard work and defense. Due to his strong play, in the autumn of 2013 Scully received a four-month contract with the Leicester Tigers through the end of 2013. Scully received his work visa in September 2013, and a few days later, on September 21, 2013, Scully made his debut for Leicester, where he started and played all 80 minutes at fullback, scoring a try in the process. Scully made his debut in the Heineken Cup on 18 October 2013, starting on the wing against Benetton Treviso, and scoring a try. On 4 January 2014, Scully signed a new deal with Leicester Tigers until the end of the season. Due to his tireless work rate Scully quickly became a fan favourite and won the Leicester Tigers Player of the Month award for February 2014. In April 2014 Scully signed an extension to remain with Leicester for the 2014-15 season.
Scully debuted for the United States national rugby union team in June 2011, and scored his first try for the US national team in August 2011 against Canada. Scully was part of the United States squad at the 2011 Rugby World Cup. Scully played in all four pool games for the United States, including two starts at fullback.
Scully also plays for the United States national rugby union team (sevens). He has appeared for the national sevens team several times since 2009. Scully also represented the US playing rugby sevens at the 2011 Pan American Games, helping the team earn a bronze medal.
On June 14th, 2014 Scully recorded his first hat trick for his country in a 29-37 loss in the Pacific Nations Cup to Japan. He followed that performance up with a brace of tries the next week in a winning effort against Canada.
- Blaine Scully: The Ethos of Constant Performance, 29 December 2012, http://www.athleteslivehere.com/blog/2012/12/blaine-scully-the-ethos-of-constant-performance/
- Universal Sports, Blaine Scully bio, http://www.universalsports.com/rugby/athletes/athlete=267557555/bio/index.html
- Rugby Mag, Scully Gets Extension at Leicester, August 8, 2013, http://www.rugbymag.com/americans-overseas-/8967-scully-gets-extension-at-leicester.html
- ESPNscrum.com, Tigers sign Eagles international on short-term deal, August 12, 2013, http://www.espnscrum.com/blogs/rugby/story/194197.html
- This Is American Rugby, Eagles Abroad: Weekend Review, Sep 23, 2013, http://www.thisisamericanrugby.com/2013/09/eagles-abroad-weekend-review_23.html
- ESPNscrum, Tigers hit top spot with big win, Sep. 21, 2013, http://www.espnscrum.com/premiership-2013-14/rugby/match/188709.html
- ESPN scrum, Leicester Tigers cruise past Italians, Oct. 18, 2013, http://www.espnscrum.com/heineken-cup-2013-14/rugby/story/202955.html
- "Blaine Scully new deal with Leicester Tigers". Leicester Mercury. 4 January 2014.
- "Scully Humbled by Goldsmiths Player of the Month Award". Leicester Tigers. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Scully Extends At Leicester, Ryan Moves To Munster". Retrieved 9 April 2014.
- "Profile". 2011 Rugby World Cup Official Site. Retrieved 7 September 2011.
- "Planet Rugby RUGBY HANGMAN Why not try one of our addictive games? We give to you PR's Rugby Hangman... JUNE TEST NEWS Stay in touch with the news, previews and team announcements this June. MISSING MEN Can you solve the Missing Men? Today, France's line-up v Australia in 2008... HOT AND NOT It's time to check out who is toasty and who needs to hit the defrost button... HOT AND NOT Who has their name in lights...and who has had a time to forget this past week. Calendar RSS Contact Us Home News Tournaments + By Country + Live Fixtures & Results + Tables + Features + Forum Photos Fun + Betting Quick Links: Rugby Union BettingLaws & RefereesMissing MenTop 14PR On Twitter Eagles fight back to edge Canada". planetrugby. Retrieved 22 June 2014.