Blairmore Suburban Centre, Saskatoon
|City of Saskatoon Neighbourhoods|
|Blairmore Suburban Centre|
|Blairmore Suburban Development Area|
|Population:||N/A under construction|
|Average Family Income:||N/A under construction|
|Average Household Size:||N/A under construction|
|Homeownership:||N/A under construction|
|Average Home Selling Price:||N/A under construction|
|Municipal Ward:||N/A under construction|
|Statistics c2005 - |
The Blairmore Suburban Centre is a community service/commercial/residential community currently under development in western Saskatoon. Saskatchewan. It is part of the city's Blairmore Suburban Development Area, a large region annexed from the Rural Municipality of Corman Park No. 344 in 2005. Ultimately, the SDA will consist of seven new neighbourhoods, plus the Blairmore Suburban Centre, which is the first component of the SDA to be developed.
The suburban centre lies south of 22nd Street West, which is also Saskatchewan Highway 14. Saskatchewan Highway 7 will form the area's western boundary once it is realigned to link up with a planned interchange at 22nd Street; as of January 2008, however, the highway is temporarily aligned with Betts Avenue within the suburban centre. The community also dovetails with the final phase of construction of the adjacent Parkridge community to the south. At present, the suburban centre consists of two high schools Tommy Douglas Collegiate and Bethlehem High School, plus a recreation/civic centre named Shaw Centre which opened the fall of 2008 with more development pending.
- Blairmore Civic Centre designated the Shaw Centre opened its track in the fall of 2008 which will consist of a 50 meter swimming pool.
- Approximately 315,000 square feet (29,300 m2) of retail to be constructed in Blairmore SDA
- Wal-Mart, along with other retail to the west of Betts Avenue.
- The suburban centre is located a few kilometres west of the main 22nd Street commercial hub at Circle Drive.
- Other stores now open include Sally Beauty Supply, Bulk Barn, Jump.ca, Subway, Pennington's, Reitman, Sleep Country, and the Royal Bank.
- Hotels: Best Western Plus
The Blairmore Centre consists of a separate Bethlehem High School and public Tommy Douglas Collegiate as well as civic centre called The Shaw Centre. Blairmore SDA is home to the following schools:
- New Tommy Douglas Collegiate, public secondary education opened in the fall of 2008
- New Bethlehem Catholic High School, Catholic or separate secondary education, opened in the fall of 2008
Much of the SC is being constructed on the former alignment of Highway 7; the highway has temporarily been rerouted along Betts Avenue to Hwy 14/22nd Street. A permanent realignment, farther to the west, will be put in place once an interchange at the future junction of Hwys 7 and 14 is completed.
Public Transit to the area began on August 31, 2008. Route 23 to Hampton Place runs Monday to Friday at a 30 minute frequency during peak hours, and a 60 minute frequency during midday hours. There is no evening or weekend service.
||Proposed future community||Kensington
|Proposed future community||Parkridge|
|Proposed future community||Parkridge||Parkridge|
- Neighborhood Profiles
- City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · Community ...
- City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · Leisure Services & Community Development URL accessed April 1, 2007
- City on retailer radar - December 5, 2006 URL accessed March 7, 2007
- City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · Leisure ... URL accessed March 7, 2007
- west sector development. URL accessed March 7, 2007
- Sod-turning marks next chapter URL accessed March 7, 2007
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Blairmore Suburban Centre|
- City of Saskatoon · Departments · Infrastructure Services ...
- The Wayward Reporter COUNCIL FLIP-FLOPS ON BIG-BOX RULES HAVE BUSINESS OWNERS WORRIED. WILL DOWNTOWN BECOME THE HOLE IN SASKATOON’S CENTENNIAL DONUT? by Jeremy Warren
- SASKATCHEWAN INVESTS $30 MILLION IN INNOVATIVE SASKATOON SCHOOL ...
- City moves ahead on Blairmore Site
- Learning #06-415 - SASKATCHEWAN INVESTS $30 MILLION IN INNOVATIVE ...
- City of Saskatoon City of Saskatoon · Departments · Community Services · City Planning · ZAM Maps
- Populace Spring 2006