Nkufo playing for Switzerland in 2007
|Full name||Blaise Isetsima Nkufo|
|Date of birth||25 May 1975|
|Place of birth||Kinshasa, Zaire|
|Height||1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)|
|1999–2000||→ Lugano (loan)||21||(14)|
|2001–2002||1. FSV Mainz 05||42||(20)|
|2010||Seattle Sounders FC||11||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Nkufo began his professional career in 1993 with Lausanne Sport, where he spent one season. He later played with FC Echallens before moving to Qatar to play with Al-Arabi. After a year in the Gulf, he moved back to Switzerland, and played with Yverdon-Sport FC; he also re-signed for Lausanne Sports before moving to Grasshopper Club Zürich in 1998; his spell in Zurich included a loan spell to AC Lugano. He then played with FC Lucerne, before moving to Germany to play with Mainz 05 and Hannover 96. He signed for FC Twente in the Netherlands in 2003 and was their leading scorer in five of the six seasons he played there. FC Twente won their first Dutch title in the last season he played with the team.
In February 2010, Nkufo was linked to sign with the Major League Soccer team Seattle Sounders FC. On 4 March 2010, the Sounders confirmed that they had signed him. He joined the Sounders' squad on 13 July 2010. His first appearance for the Sounders was on 18 July 2010 during a friendly vs. Celtic. His first MLS start was on 25 July 2010 in a home match against the Colorado Rapids in which Seattle Sounders FC won 2–1. On 18 September 2010 in an away match against the Columbus Crew, he scored his first goal in the MLS which was the start to his hat-trick for the game, the first ever for the Seattle Sounders.
Nkufo has himself said in interviews that his surname is Nkufo. The incorrect version N'Kufo is often found in media. The surname is pronounced Kufo, without the N. However, on the back of his shirt, he has been known variously as Nkufo, N'Kufo and Nkufu.
- Qatar Stars League: 1995–96
- Swiss Cup: 1997–98
- Mayers, Joshua (14 February 2010). "Swiss international linked to Sounders FC and other notes". Seattle Times. Retrieved 14 February 2010.
- Mayers, Joshua (5 July 2010). "Blaise Nkufo to join the Sounders FC on July 13 (release)". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- Mayers, Joshua (18 July 2010). "Sounders FC falls 2-1 to Celtic FC in international friendly". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 7 July 2013.
- "Sounders cut ties with Swiss forward Nkufo". mlssoccer.com. 15 March 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "Forward Nkufo Retires". soundersfc.com/. 28 March 2011. Retrieved 3 October 2012.
- "Von N'Kufo über Nkufo bis Kufo". 20min.ch (in German). 21 August 2007. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- Player profile at Voetbal International (Dutch)
- Blaise Nkufo at worldfootball.net
- Blaise Nkufo at National-Football-Teams.com