Lively at the Cannes Film Festival, 2014
|Born||Blake Ellender Brown
August 25, 1987 
Tarzana, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Residence||Bedford, New York, U.S.|
|Occupation||Actress, model, celebrity homemaker|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Spouse(s)||Ryan Reynolds (m. 2012)|
Blake Ellender Lively (born Blake Ellender Brown; August 25, 1987) is an American actress, model and celebrity homemaker. She starred as Serena van der Woodsen in the CW teen drama series Gossip Girl, and has appeared in such films as The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, The Private Lives of Pippa Lee, The Town, Green Lantern, Accepted and Savages. Following her 2012 marriage to actor Ryan Reynolds, the couple relocated to Bedford, a suburb in Westchester County, New York.
Blake Ellender Brown was born in Tarzana, Los Angeles, California to actor Ernie Lively (né Ernest W. Brown) and his wife, Elaine (née McAlpin). She was named after her grandmother's brother. Blake and her four older siblings/half-siblings were raised as Southern Baptists. She has an older brother, Eric, two half-sisters, Lori and Robyn, and a half-brother, Jason. Both of her parents and all of her siblings are, or have been, in the entertainment industry. During her childhood, her parents took her with them to acting classes that they taught because they did not want to leave her with a babysitter. Lively said that watching her parents teach acting classes helped her learn the "drills" of acting and gain confidence as she got older.
Lively was initially not particularly interested in acting; she wanted to attend Stanford University. During the summer between her junior and senior years of high school, her brother Eric asked his agent to send her on a few auditions over a period of a few months. From these few auditions, she got the role of Bridget for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Lively filmed her scenes in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants between her junior and senior years at Burbank High School.
Lively began her acting career at age 11, when she appeared in the 1998 film Sandman, which was directed by Lively's father. She describes her role as a "bit part". She appeared in the film adaptation of the novel of the same name, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, in 2005 as Bridget, one of the four female leads. Lively's performance in the film earned her a nomination for a Teen Choice Award for "Choice Movie Breakout – Female.
In 2006, Lively co-starred with Justin Long in Accepted, and Lively had minor roles in the horror film, Simon Says. While Accepted was not well received by critics, Lively's performance was, earning her a 'Breakthrough Award' from Hollywood Life. In 2007, she played one of the two title characters in Elvis and Anabelle as Anabelle, a bulimic girl who hoped to win a beauty pageant. Lively said of getting into character for the role that she had 'shed serious weight' for her height. Lively stated that that process was difficult for her because food is “the No. 1 love of my life.” MovieLine.com praised her performance in the film and credited it as having been her "breakthrough role".
Lively was cast in the The CW's series Gossip Girl, based on the book series of the same name by Cecily von Ziegesar, which premiered in September 2007. She played Serena van der Woodsen in the teen drama until 2012 when the show ended. Her first magazine cover was the November 2007 issue of Cosmo Girl, where she discussed her time in high school and her career prior to Gossip Girl.
In 2009 , Lively reprised her role in the sequel, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Similar to the first film, Lively was positively received by critics. As of November 2009, the film had earned over $44 million at the box office. In 2009, Lively appeared as Gabrielle DiMarco, a minor role in the romantic comedy, New York, I Love You, a sequel to the 2006 film Paris, je t'aime. Despite positive critical reception from critics, the film did not fare well at the box office.
One of Lively's most acclaimed roles to date is her supporting role playing the younger version of the title character in The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009). Paul Byrnes, of the Brisbane Times, described Lively's performance in the film as being "sensational".
In October 2009, Lively began filming her scenes for her role as Kristina "Kris" Coughlin, in the 2010 film The Town, based on Chuck Hogan's novel Prince of Thieves. The film, which stars Ben Affleck, was released in the United States on September 17, 2010.
Lively played Carol Ferris, the female lead and love interest of Hal Jordan in the superhero film Green Lantern, which was released in June 2011. The film grossed a worldwide total of $219,851,172. but was considered as a summer disappointment as it "failed to perform to expectations" even though it grossed more than its budget. Lively appeared in the music video for The Lonely Island's "I Just Had Sex" together with Jessica Alba in December 2010.
In 2011, she was featured in the annual TIME magazine 100 influential people. Additionally, AskMen.com named her the most desirable woman of 2011 and People magazine named her one of 2012's Most Beautiful at Every Age.
In 2012, she starred in Oliver Stone's Savages alongside Taylor Kitsch, Aaron Johnson, Salma Hayek, and John Travolta. Lively replaced Jennifer Lawrence as Ophelia, the latter dropped out to do The Hunger Games instead. HitFix film critic Drew McWeeny was positive of Lively's work, which he described as "smart and sad precisely because she plays O as such a broken, needy little soul". That same year, she was selected as the face of the new Gucci fragrance titled Gucci Premiere. She appeared in a short film ad directed by Nicolas Winding Refn for the fragrance.
In 2008, Lively baked a cake with Stewart during an episode of The Martha Stewart Show. In 2009, Lively stated that she "hoped one day to have an interior decorating company," citing her love for antiques and fascination with "colors and textures and layering things." In 2010, she attended a tailor made workshop at Le Cordon Bleu in Paris, and has spoken of her desire to return to the culinary school for further instruction.
Also in 2010, Lively spent an evening working as a pastry chef at the renowned Per Se in New York City. She has remarked that, when travelling, she always takes cookery classes to immerse herself in the local culture. In 2010 and again in 2011, Lively spoke publicly of her desire to become a restaurateur. In 2011, the actress created a S'mores cupcake to be sold at Sprinkles bakeries.
In 2012, Lively's wedding reception was featured in Martha Stewart Weddings; food photography was the focal point of the picture spread. In 2013, she appeared in Elle Decor to recount her experience of designing a custom La Cornue oven for her newly purchased Bedford home. In 2013, she filmed a cooking segment for Vogue's website, demonstrating how to make a brie pastry. In 2014, she launched Preserve, a digital magazine and e-commerce website with hand-made one-of-a-kind items all selected by Lively.
During the 2008 United States presidential election, Lively expressed her support for Barack Obama. Lively and Penn Badgley appeared in a pro-Obama commercial, as part of MoveOn.org's Youth Vote program. The commercial, directed by Doug Liman, aired during Gossip Girl on the CW, MTV and Comedy Central. In 2013, she appeared in a video clip for Gucci's "Chime for Change" campaign that aims to raise funds and awareness of women's issues in terms of education, health, and justice.
In late 2007, rumors circulated that Lively and her Gossip Girl co-star Penn Badgley were dating. In May 2008, after People magazine published photos of the two kissing while on vacation in Mexico, they became more open about their relationship. Badgley and Lively ended their three-year relationship in mid-September 2010.
Lively first met actor Ryan Reynolds while filming Green Lantern in early 2010. During this time Reynolds was still married to actress Scarlett Johansson and Lively was dating Badgley. Reynolds filed for divorce in December 2010. Lively began dating Reynolds in October 2011. Lively and Reynolds bought a home in Bedford, New York, June 2012. Lively and Reynolds married on September 9, 2012, at Boone Hall in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. On October 6, 2014, it was announced that Lively and Reynolds are expecting their first child. Blake says that "I never knew what I wanted to do for a living but I knew I wanted to have a lot of kids because I had come from a big family, so it was always important to me. So it’s just the excitement of that finally being here." Ryan and Blake are very excited and are supporting each other throughout this life changing but exciting event. 
|2005||Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, TheThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants||Bridget Vreeland|
|2007||Elvis and Anabelle||Anabelle Leigh|
|2008||Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, TheThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2||Bridget Vreeland|
|2009||New York, I Love You||Gabrielle DiMarco|
|2009||Private Lives of Pippa Lee, TheThe Private Lives of Pippa Lee||Young Pippa Lee|
|2010||Town, TheThe Town||Kristina "Kris" Coughlin|
|2011||Green Lantern||Carol Ferris|
|2012||Savages||Ophelia "O" Sage|
|2015||Age of Adaline, TheThe Age of Adaline||Adaline|
|2007–12||Gossip Girl||Serena van der Woodsen||Main cast; 121 episodes|
|2008–10||Saturday Night Live||Host/various||3 episodes|
Awards and nominations
|2005||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Breakout Female||Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, TheThe Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants||Nominated|
|2008||Choice Female Hottie||N/A||Nominated|
|2008||Choice TV Actress Drama||Gossip Girl||Won|
|2008||Choice TV Breakout Star-Female||Won|
|2008||Newport Beach Film Festival||Achievement Award-Breakout Performance||Elvis and Anabelle||Won|
|2009||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress Drama||Gossip Girl||Nominated|
|2010||People's Choice Awards||Favorite TV Drama Actress||Nominated|
|2010||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Actress Drama||Nominated|
|2010||Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards||Best Acting Ensemble||Town, TheThe Town||Nominated|
|2010||National Board of Review||Best Ensemble Cast||Won|
|2010||San Diego Film Critics Society||Best Supporting Actress||Nominated|
|2010||Washington D.C. Area Film Critics Association||Best Ensemble||Won|
|2011||People's Choice Award||Favorite TV Drama Actress||Gossip Girl||Nominated|
|2011||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Movie Actress Sci Fi/Fantasy||Green Lantern||Nominated|
|2011||Choice TV Actress Drama||Gossip Girl||Won|
|2012||People's Choice Award||Favorite TV Drama Actress||Nominated|
|2013||Teen Choice Awards||Choice TV Drama Actress||Nominated|
- "Monitor". Entertainment Weekly (1274). August 30, 2013. p. 20.
- Female Celebrities Reveal Weight: Beyoncé, Blake Lively, Nicki Minaj And More Admit True Body Size
- Blake Lively-Ryan Reynolds wedding news, ca.eonline.com
- Birth information, californiabirthindex.org
- Finn, Natalie (September 17, 2012). "Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds: Marriage Certificate Shows They Wed Days After Secret Ceremony". E! Entertainment Television. Retrieved March 9, 2013.
- According to the State of California. California Birth Index, 1905–1995. Center for Health Statistics, California Department of Health Services, Sacramento, California. Searchable at Family Tree Legends
- Lee, Michael J. (July 29, 2006). "RadioFree.com Interviews: Blake Lively, Accepted". RadioFree.com. Retrieved December 3, 2013.
- "The Talk of The Town" Nylon (May 2008) magazine
- Miller, Rebecca (December 2009). "Blake Lively Grows Up". Marie Claire. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- "Celebrity siblings". Glamour Magazine. Retrieved February 25, 2013.
- Wood, Dana (December 2008). "Blake Lively's After School Activities (pg. 1)". W. Retrieved November 15, 2009.
- Dana Wood (December 2008). "Blake Lively's After School Activities (pg 2)". W. Retrieved November 15, 2009.
- "Blake Lively profile". Biography.com. August 25, 1987. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Allure Magazine. "The Anti-Gossip Girl" (May 2009)
- "Awards for Blake Lively profile". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved December 6, 2012.
- "Hollywood Life Magazine's 6th Annual Breakthrough Awards". Zimbio. December 10, 2006. Retrieved May 21, 2013.
- Wood, Dana (December 2008). "Blake Lively's After School Activities (Page 4)". W. Retrieved November 15, 2009.
- Adams, Michael (September 9, 2009). "Remembering Elvis and Anabelle: Blake Lively's Real Breakthrough". Movie Line. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- "Showbiz people briefs". Reuters. April 12, 2006.
- Bibel, Sara (October 31, 2013). "'Gossip Girl' Two Hour Series Finale Will Air Monday, December 17 on the CW". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved May 18, 2013.
- Cosmo Girl Magazine (November 2007)
- Tabouring, Franck (August 8, 2008). "Review: "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2"". Screening Blogs. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- Lumenick, Lou (August 6, 2008). "Sequels Wear Well". NY Post. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved November 14, 2009.
- Loder, Kurt (October 16, 2009). "'New York, I Love You': Out-Of-Towners". MTV. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- Tabouring, Franck (October 12, 2009). "Movie Review: 'New York, I Love You'". Screening Blogs. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- Pomeranz, Margaret (October 2009). "The Private Lives of Pippa Lee". ABC News. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- Byrnes, Paul (October 20, 2009). "The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee". Brisbane Times. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- "Blake Lively Goes to ‘Town’ for Ben Affleck". Film School Rejects. September 5, 2009. Retrieved November 13, 2009.
- "Blake Lively Brightens Up Green Lantern". E! Online. Retrieved March 27, 2010.
- "Green Lantern (2011)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- Thompson, Paul (September 5, 2011). "Summer of flops: How A-list stars failed to save Hollywood from more box office disappointment". Daily Mail. Retrieved February 4, 2012.
- "The Lonely Island – I Just Had Sex (feat. Akon)". Retrieved February 6, 2010.
- "The 2011 TIME 100". People. April 21, 2011. Retrieved June 3, 2011.
- "Why Blake Lively Is No.1" Top 99 for 2011, AskMen.com
- Karen J. Quan (April 20, 2012). "2012 Most Beautiful at Every Age – Blake Lively". People. Retrieved April 25, 2012.
- McWeeny, Drew (June 30, 2012). "Review: Oliver Stone turns Aaron Johnson, Taylor Kitsch, and Blake Lively into 'Savages'". HitFix. Retrieved August 24, 2012.
- Blake Dew (June 24, 2012). "Blake Lively To Be Directed By Nicolas Winding Refn In A Gucci Short Film". Wegotthiscovered.com. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Blake Lively is the new face of L'Oreal Paris". CBSNews. October 30, 2013. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- Fleming, Mike (October 16, 2013). "Blake Lively, Ellen Burstyn Set To Star In ‘The Age Of Adaline’". Deadline.com. PMC. Retrieved January 7, 2014.
- "Blake Lively's Favorite iPhone Apps". marieclaire.com. January 22, 2013. Retrieved August 25, 2012.
- "Blake Lively: "Martha Stewart's my idol"". entertainment.ie. September 15, 2010. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Stars' Best Halloween Costumes". Instyle.com. October 12, 2012. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Blake Lively Grows Up". marieclaire.com. December 4, 2009. Retrieved November 4, 2009.
- "Blake's Progress". marieclaire.com. December 2009. Retrieved December 4, 2009.
- "Hollywood Star Blake Lively Learns French Culinary Skills at Le Cordon Bleu". Prweb.com. December 16, 2010. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Simply The Best 7 Days A Week: Lively's tasty birthday". Daily Star. September 16, 2010. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Blake Lively is a contraband cook". Independent.ie. September 4, 2012. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Listen up, Penn Badgely! 'Gossip Girl' star Blake Lively admits she wants 'lots of babies'". NY Daily News. September 14, 2010. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- Ward, Michelle (September 14, 2010). "Blake Lively: I Want Lots of Babies". People.com. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- March 7, 2011 (March 7, 2011). "Catching Up With Blake Lively". WWD.com. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- Rachel Marlowe (December 16, 2011). "Blake Lively the golden girl bakes up a batch cupcakes for charity". Dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds' Martha Stewart-styled wedding: From the glitter-dusted flowers to the (many) cakes". Dailymail.co.uk. December 20, 2012. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Blake Lively Kitchen". Elle Decor. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Blake Lively Cooks, Flashes Engagement Ring — Watch the Video!". Uk.eonline.com. May 17, 2013. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Blake Lively & Penn Badgley Go for Laughs in Pro-Obama Ad". People. October 14, 2008. Retrieved June 20, 2011.
- Karmali, Sarah (April 16, 2013). "Blake Lively and Halle Berry Join Gucci’s Chime For Change". Vogue. Retrieved April 22, 2013.
- Foxy moles: 10 hot women with moles [SLIDESHOW
- 10 Celebrities with Beauty Marks
- "Blake Lively Pictures with Dog Penny: People.com". Peoplepets.com. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "Blake Lively Match Isn't Just 'Gossip'". Daily News. 2007-12-24. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- "Exclusive: Blake & Penn's Romantic Getaway". People. May 13, 2008.
- "Give Her A Hand". People. 2008-07-08. Retrieved 2009-11-13.
- "Rep: Blake Lively, Penn Badgley Split!". Us Weekly. 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Blake Lively, Leonardo DiCaprio Split". Us Weekly. October 4, 2011. Retrieved October 29, 2013.
- "Blake Lively joins new love Leonardo DiCaprio for a ride through New York". Daily Mail (London). August 3, 2011. Retrieved August 2011.
- Talarico, Brittany (June 7, 2011). "Tika Sumpter on Blake Lively Dating Leonardo DiCaprio: "He Got Himself a Big Catch"". OK!. Retrieved August 25, 2011.[dead link]
- "Blake Lively splits with Leonardo DiCaprio". Sydney Morning Herald. October 5, 2011. Retrieved October 8, 2011.
- "Green Lantern Production Begins Today!". Screenrant.com. June 17, 2011. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Ryan Reynolds, Scarlett Johansson's Divorce Finalized". UsMagazine.com. July 1, 2011. Retrieved May 28, 2013.
- "Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds House Hunting in Connecticut!". US Weekly. April 19, 2012. Retrieved May 8, 2012.
- "Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds Buy a 'Country Home' Together: Source". People. Retrieved June 4, 2012.
- "Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds Are Married". September 9, 2012.
- Johnson, Zach (6 October 2014). "Blake Lively Is Pregnant, Expecting a Baby With Ryan Reynolds—See Her First Baby Bump Pic!". E! Online. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- Vokes-Dudgeon, Sophie. "Blake Lively Talks Pregnancy: "It's Something I've Wanted Since I Was a Little Girl"". celebrity moms. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blake Lively.|