Blake Neely (2014)
|Born||April 28, 1969
Neely has contributed to and been credited on dozens of film and TV projects over the years such as: Everwood (which earned him a 2003 Emmy Award nomination for the theme), on the first three Pirates of the Caribbean films, King Kong, The Last Samurai, The Great Buck Howard and many more. Other film projects in which he is the sole composer are Elvis and Anabelle, Starter for 10, and The Wedding Date.
In addition, Neely has composed the music for over twenty television series, including CBS's The Mentalist. He has frequently collaborated with writer/director/producer Greg Berlanti, including Everwood, Jack & Bobby, Brothers & Sisters, Eli Stone, Dirty Sexy Money, Political Animals and currently Arrow and its spin-off series, The Flash. He has also been credited alongside several well known composers such as Michael Kamen, James Newton Howard, Vangelis (worked on the Mythodea project as arranger and conductor), and Hans Zimmer.
As an author, he has written over 25 instrumental method books such as the best-selling piano method Piano For Dummies.
- Piano for Dummies at Amazon.com
- Dan Goldwasser (2008-02-27). "Blake Neely scores the HBO documentary David McCullough: Painting with Words". ScoringSessions.com. Retrieved 2008-02-27.
- Cow on the Wall Official Website
- Blake Neely at the Internet Movie Database
- Everwood Music Biography and Everwood Music Interview
- SoundtrackNet Page
- Blake Neely at ScoringSessions.com
|This article on a North American composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|