Blame It on Your Heart
|"Blame It On Your Heart"|
Cassette Single Cover
|Single by Patty Loveless|
|from the album Only What I Feel|
|A-side||Blame It on Your Heart|
|B-side||What's A Broken Heart|
|Released||April 3, 1993|
|Format||7in vinyl single, Cassette Single|
|Writer(s)||Harlan Howard & Kostas|
|Producer(s)||Emory Gordy, Jr.|
|Patty Loveless singles chronology|
"Blame It On Your Heart" is a song written by Harlan Howard and Kostas, and recorded by American country music artist Patty Loveless. It was released in April 1993 as the first single from her album Only What I Feel. A cover version by Deborah Allen was featured prominently in the 1993 film The Thing Called Love.
David Keith played the ex-boyfriend in the video.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||2|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||12|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||18|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||12|
- Allison Iraheta on American Idol Season 8 sang this song during Grand Ole Opry Week.
- River Phoenix also performed this song in the 1993 movie, The Thing Called Love, one of his final films before his death.
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 207.
- "RPM Country Tracks. RPM. July 10, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Patty Loveless Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Patty Loveless.
- "Patty Loveless Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Patty Loveless.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1993". RPM. December 18, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Best of 1993: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
"Should've Been a Cowboy"
by Toby Keith
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
June 19-June 26, 1993
by Garth Brooks