|town of Blanchard|
|Elevation||223 ft (68 m)|
|Area||2.4 sq mi (6.2 km2)|
|- land||2.4 sq mi (6 km2)|
|- water||0.0 sq mi (0 km2), 0%|
|Density||849.0 / sq mi (327.8 / km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Website: Town of Blanchard, Louisiana|
Blanchard is located at .(32.586762, -93.887590)
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 2.4 square miles (6.2 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,682 people, 787 households, and 602 families residing in the town. The population density was 849.0 people per square mile (328.4/km²). There were 813 housing units at an average density of 336.7 per square mile (130.2/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 95.32% White, 2.93% African American, 0.54% Native American, 0.39% Asian, 0.10% Pacific Islander, 0.10% from other races, and 0.63% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.59% of the population.
There were 787 households out of which 37.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 65.8% were married couples living together, 7.9% had a female householder with no husband present, and 23.4% were non-families. 21.5% of all households were made up of individuals and 13.7% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.60 and the average family size was 3.02.
26.8% of the population is under the age of 18, 6.9% are ages 18 to 24, 28.0% are ages 25 to 44, 23.8% are ages 45 to 64, and 14.6% are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 38 years. For every 100 females there were 93.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 86.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $44,750, and the median income for a family was $58,047. Males had a median income of $41,161 versus $26,161 for females. The per capita income for the town was $22,391. About 2.8% of families and 5.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.1% of those under age 18 and 13.7% of those age 65 or over.
Notable natives and residents
- Colonel Cecil Lee Clark, Army Lieutenant Colonel, US Army Ranger and Special Operations Soldier who has ties to the elite Army counterterrorism unit 1st Special Operations Detachment-Delta (“Delta Force”), and the Central Intelligence Agency.
- Danny Johnson, who played guitar for Rick Derringer, Alice Cooper, Rod Stewart, Axis and current lead guitarist for Steppenwolf.
- Hal Sutton, PGA golf professional.
- Lindsey Evans, former Miss Teen Louisiana 2008; "Miss October 2009" Playmate for Playboy.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.