Bland Independent School District
|Bland Independent School District|
|Type and location|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Region||ESC Region 10 |
|Superintendent||Brandon Core |
|Schools||4 (2009-10) |
|NCES District ID||4810350|
|Students and staff|
|Students||577 (2010-11) |
|Teachers||45.43 (2009-10)  (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||13.01 (2009-10) |
|Athletic Conference||UIL Class 1A Basketball Division I |
|District Mascot||Tigers |
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized |
Bland Independent School District is a public school district based in the community of Merit, Texas (USA). In addition to Merit, the district serves the communities of Floyd and Wagner in Hunt County. A small portion of the district extends into Collin County. The district operates one high school, Bland High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $117,500,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.059 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical TEA district accountability ratings 
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Exemplary
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
- Bland High (Grades 9-12)
- Bland Middle (Grades 6-8)
- Bland Elementary (Grades PK-5)
Bland High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball and softball. For the 2012 through 2013 school years, Bland High School will play basketball in UIL Class 1A Division II.
- "Texas School Directory 2012". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Bland ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Bland High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|