From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Meaning||From Blenkinsopp (placename in Northumberland), etymology from Medieval English uncertain.
From Blencarn (a pre-Roman village) meaning "hill with a Cairn", from the Welsh "Blaen" (top) and "Carn" (a Cairn).
|Region of origin||Medieval, Northern Europe|
|Language(s) of origin||English, Welsh|
|Related names||Blankinship, Blenkinsopp, Blenkinsop|
Blankenship is a family name that may refer to:
- Brian Blankenship, American footballer
- Don Blankenship, president of the Massey Energy coal mining corporation
- Kenny Blankenship, the name given to the character portrayed by personality Sonomanma Higashi and voiced by Christopher Darga, on MXC, the American parody/adaptation of Takeshi's Castle.
- Lance Blankenship, (born 1963), retired Major League Baseball utility player
- Loyd Blankenship, American computer hacker and writer
- Mark Blankenship, writer and blogger
|This page or section lists people with the surname Blankenship. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|