Blantyre coma scale
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013)|
Using the scale
The score assigned by the Blantyre coma scale is a number from 0 to 5. The score is determined by adding the results from three groups: Motor response, verbal response, and eye movement.
The minimum score is 0 which indicates poor results while the maximum is 5 indicating good results. All scores under 5 are considered abnormal.
- 1 - Watches or follows
- 0 - Fails to watch or follow
Best motor response
- 2 - Localizes painful stimulus
- 1 - Withdraws limb from painful stimulus
- 0 - No response or inappropriate response
Best verbal response
- 2 - Cries appropriately with pain, or, if verbal, speaks
- 1 - Moan or abnormal cry with pain
- 0 - No vocal response to pain
|This medical diagnostic article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|