Church in Blaricum
Location in North Holland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Joan de Zwart-Bloch (D66)|
|• Total||15.56 km2 (6.01 sq mi)|
|• Land||11.11 km2 (4.29 sq mi)|
|• Water||4.45 km2 (1.72 sq mi)|
|Elevation||4 m (13 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||826/km2 (2,140/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Blaricum ( pronunciation (help·info)) is a municipality and village in the Netherlands, in the province of North Holland. It is known for its many monumental farm buildings, local cafes and restaurants, nature, several annual community events and extensive up-market residential areas.
According to statistics published by the Dutch land registry office in February 2011, Blaricum is still the most expensive location to purchase a house in The Netherlands. The average home in Blaricum costs €800,000 and has risen an average of 12% over the last year.  Many Dutch celebrities live here, including Rene Froger, Anita Meijer, Paul de Leeuw, Gordon, Jerney Kaagman, John de Mol, Anita Witzier and Marco Borsato.
The municipality of Blaricum consists of the following districts: Dorp, Bijvanck.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Blaricum, 2013.
The municipal council of Blaricum consists of 13 seats, which are divided as follows:
- Hart voor Blaricum - 5 seats
- CDA - 2 seats
- Nieuwe Blaricumse Partij - 2 seats
- VVD - 2 seats
- Blaricums Belang - 1 seat
- PvdA - 1 seat
- "J.N. de Zwart-Bloch" (in Dutch). Gemeente Blaricum. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 1261JB". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 24 February 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Blaricum still has the most expensive houses", DutchNews.nl (10 February 2010)
||Huizen||Gooimeer / Almere (FL)|
|Huizen||Gooimeer / Zeewolde (FL)|
|This North Holland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|