Padiyur Kalliad Gram Panchayat
|• Total||3 km2 (1 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,000/km2 (2,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|ISO 3166 code||ISO 3166-2:IN|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Kannur|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Mattannur|
|Distance from Kannur||37 kilometres (23 mi) WSW|
|Avg. annual temperature||30 °C (86 °F)|
|Avg. summer temperature||36 °C (97 °F)|
|Avg. winter temperature||20 °C (68 °F)|
Blathur is a village in Kannur, Kerala, India, located approximately 38 kilometres north-east of the district headquarters, Kannur. The nearest town, Irikkur, is estimated to be 7 kilometres from the village itself. Blathur is situated in the Padiyoor Grama Panchayat in Taliparamba Taluk, on the edge of an estimated 90 acre paddy field, and is 169 meters above sea level. The area is rich in laterite rocks, and the main industry is based on laterite stone mining and agriculture.
The protest against the Madras Special Police (Kavumbayi Struggle) took place in the village on December 30, 1946.
- Moothedam Vettakkorumakan temple
- Puthiya Bagavathikavu (Pothiyottam)
- Thazhe Palliyath Kottam (Bhairavan Kottam)
- Muthappan Matappura
- Vishnu temple
- Pothi Kottam
- Kelampath Maanjhal Baghavathi temple
- Pottan Kottam
- Juma Masjid
- Ramesan Blathur is a Malayalam novelist and short story writer from Blathur who won several awards including the Atlas Kairali Award, Ankanam Noval Award, Abhudabi Sakthi Award, Katathanat Udayavarma Raja Award, and Prof. Joseph Mundassery Award for his novel Perum Aal (D. C. Books).
- Muhammed Blathur is the youth congress Kannur District president.
- "NATIONAL / KERALA : Mundassery award for 3 teachers". The Hindu. Retrieved 2012-08-19.