|Directed by||Raj Amit Kumar|
|Produced by||Raj Amit Kumar|
|Written by||Raj Amit Kumar
Damon J Taylor
|Music by||Wayne Sharpe
|Edited by||Atanu Mukherjee|
Unfreedom: Blemished Light (Hindi: Dagh Ujala) is a 2014 English/Hindi socio-political drama film by Raj Amit Kumar, completed in 2014. Faiz Ahmad Faiz's poem, "Ye Dagh Dagh Ujala", is the inspiration behind the film.
The story revolves around a Muslim fundamentalist in New York who kidnaps a liberal Muslim scholar with an intent to kill, while a closeted lesbian in New Delhi kidnaps her bisexual lover with the intent to love. The resulting torture and violence evokes a brutal struggle of identities against "unfreedom".
In a recent interview, Victor Banerjee condemned the way sex and violence end up being approached with vulgarity in mainstream cinema. But at the same time appreciated how Raj Amit Kumar has pushed that envelope in the film as they are essential to the story and screenplay.
In New York arrives a fundamentalist Muslim Mohammed Husain, imprisoned by his brutal past, on a mission to kidnap and kill a peaceful Muslim scholar, Fareed Rahmani. “The choices we make, when we are most cornered in life, define who we are.” Once they come face to face, the only way out is through a true examination of the bare bones of each one's existence to make a choice.
In New Delhi, Leela Singh, a closeted homosexual girl leaves her orthodox cop father’s home with a mission to kidnap her activist bisexual lover, Sakhi Taylor, and marry her. Not only do the lovers need to come to terms with their own differences, they need to face Devraj, the truth of the society they live in.
Set in the most archetypal cities of economic and patriarchal control, four characters come face to face with gruesome acts of violence in a battle of identities against unfreedom. "Unfreedom" examines the struggle between the powerful and powerless and those who strive to stand against dominating torturing socio political injustices.
- Bhanu Uday 
- Preeti Gupta
- Bhavani Lee 
- Ankur Vikal
- Seema Rahmani
- Samrat Chakrabarti
- Danae Nason
- Andrew Platner
- Danny Boushebel
- Dilip Shankar
- Alyy Khan 
- Kuldeep Sareen
- Shayan Munshi
- Swaroopa Ghosh
- Yash Kansara
- Rayvin Disla
National Film Awards winner Hari Nair is the cinematographer of the film. Filmfare Awards winner Wayne Sharpe of Rajneeti and Gangaajal fame, and Jesse Kotansky have composed the soundtrack. Academy Award winner Resul Pookutty has done the Sound Design. Aftab Asghar from Senses Films (www.sensesfilms.net) is the Associate Producer and Visual effects supervisor of the film.
- "American Indian director Amit to make BLEMISHED LIGHT". 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "Victor Banerjee to star in Blemished Light". 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "Is it time to get serious with Bollywood films?". CBC News. 2013-04-05. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- "Life of Pi's Hussain is thankful". 2012-12-19. Retrieved 2013-01-20.
- "Victor signs Indian-American director's film". 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "Victor Banerjee plays a Muslim scholar in ‘Blemished Light’". 2013-03-05. Retrieved 2013-04-18.
- "Victor Banerjee to Star in Patriotic ‘Blemished Light’". 2011-07-21. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "Film Shoot Fiasco at Queer Pride March". The Times Of India. 2012-11-27. Retrieved 2013-02-24.
- "Different Strokes - Adil Hussain plays a dark character". 2012-12-07. Retrieved 2012-12-24.
- "Samrat Chakrabarti's experience with Kamal Haasan and Victor Banerjee". The Times Of India. 2011-10-27. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "'Today, no one respects age, experience, talent or discipline'". 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "'Grey Matter - Bollywood's latest discovery - Adil Hussain seeks complex roles in the industry'". 2012-12-28. Retrieved 2013-02-28.
- "I am fortunate I am still fresh" Upcoming movies of Bhanu Uday". 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- "Actor Bhavani Lee shoots for 'Blemished Light'". 2012-11-25. Retrieved 2012-12-01.
- "American Indian director Amit to make BLEMISHED LIGHT". 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2013-02-21.
- "Hit by the shutter bug". The Times Of India. 2011-10-18. Retrieved 2012-06-21.
- "Wayne Sharpe: American composer in Bollywood". CNN. 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2013-09-14.
- "Recent Graduate Student News - SIUC MCMA". www.facebook.com. 2009-09-29. Retrieved 2013-02-09.