|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Products||Gravity Bone, Flotilla, Atom Zombie Smasher|
Blendo Games is an American independent video game development company founded by Brendon Chung. Blendo Games has produced a number of mods for various games since the late 1990s. It gained more widespread exposure with the short form stand alone title Gravity Bone; his following games Flotilla and Atom Zombie Smasher were met with positive critical praise and named as top indie games for those years.
Chung has been programming his own projects, and created the Blendo Games brand for these. In 2004, Chung was hired as a designer at Pandemic Studios but continued to work on his personal projects, releasing Gravity Bone during that time. When Electronic Arts closed down the studio in November 2009, Chung immediately set to work to create Flotilla, a game based on a prior project he has earlier ceased worked on. After Flotilla's release in 2010, Chung went on to create Atom Zombie Smasher, released in 2011. Atom Zombie Smasher received high critical praise, and was featured at the 2011 Penny Arcade Expo and part of the 3rd Humble Indie Bundle charity drive. A sequel to Gravity Bone, Thirty Flights of Loving, was developed to support a Kickstarter project for the Idle Thumbs podcast, and released in 2012.
Blendo Games remains a one-man studio, though Chung gains gameplay ideas, playtesting help, and music from his friends and family.
- Barista (2008, PC)
- Gravity Bone (2009, PC)
- Flotilla (2010, PC and Xbox Live)
- Air Forte (2010, PC and Xbox Live)
- Atom Zombie Smasher (2011, PC)
- Thirty Flights of Loving (2012, PC)
- Quadrilateral Cowboy (2013, PC)
- "The Making Of: Flotilla". Edge. 2011-12-02. Retrieved 2012-01-11.
- Curtis, Tom (2011-12-19). "Gamasutra Best Of 2011: Top 5 PC Games". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2011-12-19.
- "2012 Independent Games Festival Announces Main Competition Finalists". Independent Games Festival. 2012-01-10. Retrieved 2012-01-10.
- Schrier, Jason (2011-07-13). "10 Clever Indie Games Ready to Shine at PAX". Wired. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- de Matos, Xav (2011-08-05). "Humble Indie Bundle 3 adds 'Atom Zombie Smasher'". Shacknews. Retrieved 2011-08-05.
- Caoili, Eric (2012-02-28). "Kickstarter drive offers exclusive game from Atom Zombie Smasher dev". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2012-02-28.
- Blendo Games. Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- Meer, Alec (February 28, 2012). "Gravity Bone’s Sequel: Thirty Flights Of Loving". Rock Paper Shotgun. Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- Harris, Phil (2010-12-07). "Brendon Chung (Blendo Games) - Interview". Square-Go. Retrieved 2012-01-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Blendo Games.|
- Official website
- [interview with Berendon Chung|http://fidgit.com/archives/2009/01/the-man-behind-the-strange-won.php]
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|