Blennerhassett Island Bridge
|Blennerhassett Island Bridge|
|Carries||4 lanes of US 50|
|Locale||Belpre, Ohio and Parkersburg, West Virginia|
|Maintained by||West Virginia Division of Highways|
|Design||Network Arch Bridge|
|Total length||4,009 feet (1,222 m)|
|Width||107 feet (33 m)|
|Longest span||878 feet (268 m)|
|Vertical clearance||76 feet (23 m)|
|Opened||June 13, 2008|
Blennerhassett Island Bridge opened to traffic June 13, 2008. The bridge is a Network Arch Bridge constructed  at a cost of $120 million over the Ohio River between Belpre, Ohio and Parkersburg, West Virginia. Construction of the bridge was completed by the Walsh Construction Company of Chicago.
The completion of the span, which carries U.S. Route 50, completed Corridor D between Interstate 275 east of Cincinnati to Interstate 79 at Clarksburg, West Virginia. Corridor D is a part of the Appalachian Development Highway System.
- Parkersburg News. "Bridge Nears Completion". Retrieved 2008-04-16.
- GoBridges.com. "Innovative tied-arch steel bridge to span Ohio River". Retrieved 2005-05-28.
- Blennerhassett Island Bridge (US 50) at Bridges & Tunnels
- Blennerhassett Island Bridge Article at GoBridges
- Construction Photos at Gribblenation
- E.L. Robinson Design Team of Blennerhassett Island Bridge
- Structural Technical Specs of the Blennerhassett Island Bridge
|This article about a building or structure in Ohio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a building or structure in West Virginia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a specific bridge in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|