The Silence and the Serenity
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (July 2010)|
|The Silence and the Serenity|
|Also known as||The Silence and the Serenity|
|Origin||Poughkeepsie, New York|
|Genres||Metalcore, deathcore (early), death metal(early)|
|Labels||Crash Music Inc.|
After self-releasing their debut EP, So Dark the Crown of Man, they signed a deal with Crash Music Inc., who released their debut full-length album, The Eclectic Sounds of a City Painted Black and White in 2007, described by Allmusic as "a routine screamo/metalcore blend that contains occasional hints of death metal and black metal". Despite calling the recording quality of the album "terrible", Exclaim! described the album as "a fun, nostalgic metal fight".
In 2008, Bless The Fallen changed their name to The Silence and the Serenity to acknowledge their evolving sound and lineup since their inception in 2005. The band recorded a 4 song demo with current That's Outrageous! keyboardist Tom Degrazia in the summer of 2008 but it never saw the light of production.
After months of inactivity, Bartsch and Privitera would go on to form Dead Empires with long-time friend John Bryan. They recorded a 4 song EP entitled "Monuments" that was mastered by current Guns and Roses guitarist Bumblefoot. In the spring of 2012, Dead Empires entered The Isokon studio in Woodstock, N.Y. under the guidance of D. James Goodwin to complete a full length album entitled "Waiting In Waves". It currently has a release date of August 2012.
In the summer of 2011, Drummer Phil Bartsch and Guitarist Kyle Behnken joined the Poughkeepsie Ska-Punk band The Raddigan Brothers Noise Experience. The band is currently signed to bassist and lead vocalist Mike Dietz' record label P.I.F.F. ("Punk Is Fucking Fun") Records.
- Mikey Fraleigh - vocals
- Nick Privitera - bass guitar
- Phil Bartsch - drums
- Kyle Jackson - guitar, vocals
- Kyle Behnken - guitar
- Dan - vocals (on So Dark the Crown of Man)
- Kenny- vocals
- Dan - guitar
- Will- guitar
- So Dark the Crown of Man (EP)
- The Eclectic Sounds of a City Painted Black and White (2007), Crash Music Inc.
- Demo EP (2008) - as The Silence and the Serenity
- Apar, Corey "Bless the Fallen Biography", Allmusic, retrieved 2010-07-10
- Henderson, Alex "The Eclectic Sounds of a City Painted Black and White Review", Allmusic, retrieved 2010-07-10
- Synyard, Dave (2008) "Bless The Fallen The Eclectic Sounds Of A City Painted Black and White", Exclaim!, February 2008, retrieved 2010-07-10
|This article on a United States band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|