Blind Date (1950s game show)
|Also known as||Your Big Moment|
|Created by||Bernard Schubert|
|Presented by||Arlene Francis
|Narrated by||Walter Herlihy (1949-50)
Rex Marshall (1950-51)
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||25 mins.|
|Original channel||ABC (1949-1951)
|Original run||May 5, 1949– September 15, 1953|
Blind Date originally aired on ABC from May 5, 1949 to September 20, 1951, moved to NBC from June 7 to July 15, 1952, then ran on DuMont from May 19 to September 15, 1953. The ABC version aired Thursdays at 8:30pm EST during the 1949-50 TV season, and Thursdays at 9:30pm EST during the 1950-51 season.
Arlene Francis was the host of the ABC and NBC versions, and had hosted the radio version since 1943. Melvyn Douglas became host when the show moved to DuMont, but was replaced after the third show by Jan Murray.
One episode with Francis from 1950 is held among collectors, while the August 25, 1953 show with Murray is held by the Paley Center for Media.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
- Brooks, Tim; Marsh, Earle F. (2009). The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows 1946–Present. Random House Publishing Group. p. 154. ISBN 9780307483201.