|Single by Aerosmith|
|from the album Big Ones|
|Format||Cassette, Compact Disc|
|Recorded||April 1994 at Power Station in New York City, New York and June 1994 at Capri Digital Studios in Capri, Italy|
|Aerosmith singles chronology|
"Blind Man" is a song by American hard rock band Aerosmith. It was written by Steven Tyler, Joe Perry, and Taylor Rhodes. It was released as a single in December 1994 from the Geffen-era compilation album Big Ones, one of three songs from that greatest hits record not previously released on any Aerosmith studio album, which was released a month earlier in November (see 1994 in music).
Despite the song's moderate success, the band hardly ever performed it live after the 1993-1994 Get a Grip Tour.
The song was recorded at two separate sessions, the first session took place at Power Station, New York City in April 1994, and was engineered by Adam Kasper with second engineering by Chris Albert. The second session took place at Capri Digital Studios, Capri, Italy in June, and was also engineered by Adam Kasper, but the second engineer on that session was Max Carola.
|Germany (Media Control Charts)||89|
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||37|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||23|
|US Billboard Hot 100||48|
|US Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks||3|
|US Billboard Mainstream Top 40||23|
The video for the song was also one of the only songs from Aerosmith's Geffen era not released on the video collection Big Ones You Can Look At. The live performance portions of the video were filmed during the day at The Summit in Houston, Texas before Aerosmith's performance there on September 30, 1994. The video was directed by Marty Callner, and featured cameo appearances by Pamela Anderson and A&R man John Kalodner.
- Strong, Martin (2002) [First published in 1994]. The Great Rock Discography (Sixth ed.). United Kingdom: Canongate Books. p. 94. ISBN 1-84195-312-1.
- Big Ones (CD liner). Aerosmith. United States: Geffen Records. 1994. GEFD-24716.
- "RPM - Item Display: Top Singles - Volume 60, No. 25, January 23, 1995" (.Php). Library and Archives Canada. March 31, 2004.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Aerosmith – Blind Man" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- "Norwegiancharts.com – Aerosmith – Blind Man". VG-lista.
- "Archive Chart" UK Singles Chart.
- "Aerosmith - Billboard Singles". Allmusic. United States: Rovi Corporation. Retrieved December 9, 2010.