Blind Spot Pictures
Blind Spot Pictures is a Finnish production company established in 1997 by ACE-producer Tero Kaukomaa. They produce and co-produce Feature-films for international markets.
Completed films include a Finnish / Chinese kung-fu film “Jade Warrior” by AJ Annila, “Man's Job” by Aleksi Salmenperä, “Dancer in the Dark” by Lars von Trier (Zentropa / Denmark), “Rainbowmaker” by Oscar nominated Nana Djordjadze (27 Film Production / Germany) and “A Rational Solution” by Jörgen Bergmark (Hepp Film / Sweden) as well as Golden Globe nominee “Everlasting Moments” by Jan Troell.
Blind Spot Pictures has been co-producing with countries like China, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Holland, UK, Italy, Sweden and Russia.
Currently Blind Spot Pictures has several features in development, is in pre-production with “Iron Sky” by Timo Vuorensola, a dark science fiction comedy about Nazis on the moon as well as preparing AJ Annila's “Human” a werewolf inversion.
Film & television productions
Feature length films
- Geography of Fear "Pelon maantiede" (2000)
Directed and screenplay by Auli Mantila. A psychological thriller, 96 min. In co-production with Wüste Filmproduktion (Germany) and Zentropa (Denmark).
- Cyclomania (2001) Drama, 93 min.
- Dancer in the Dark (2001) (co-production with Zentropa) Musical, Drama, 136 min.
- Eila (2002) Directed by Jarmo Lampela. Screenplay by Tove Idström. Drama, 94 min.
- Producing Adults "Lapsia ja aikuisia" (2004) (co-production with Sonet Film AB and Film i Väst) Drama / Comedy, 102 min. Sales Company: Celluloid Dreams.
- Third Wave (2003) (co-production with Sonet Film)
Directed by Anders Nilsson. Screenplay by Anders Nilsson & Joakim Hansson. Thriller, 114 min.
- Jade Warrior "Jadesoturi" (2006) (co-production with FuWorks, Film Tower Kuubis & Ming Productions)
Finnish-Dutch-Estonian-Chinese co-production. Epic love story / Fantasy / Martial arts, 104 min. In . Sales Company: Rezo Films
- A Man’s Job "Miehen Työ" (2006) Tragicomedy, 103 min.
- Rainbowmaker (2008) (co-production with 27 Films Productions)
Directed by Nana Djordjadze. Screenplay by Irakli Kvirikadze. A German-Italian-Dutch-Finnish-Russian co-production. Drama / Romantic Fantasy. 90 min, Main producer 27 Films Productions
- Maria Larsson`s Everlasting Moment (2008) (co-production with Final Cut Productions, Göta Film AB & Motlys A/S)
- Falling Angels "Putoavia Enkeleitä" (2008)
Directed by Heikki Kujanpää, Screenplay by Sami Parkkinen, Heikki Kujanpää and Heikki Huttu-Hiltunen, Drama, 100 min.
- A Rational Solution "De rationella", "Ruotsalainen avioliitto" (2008) (as a co-producer)
Directed by Jörgen Bergmark, Screenplay by Jens Jonsson, Drama, 100 min. Main producer Hepp Film (Sweden), in co-production with Pandora (Germany)
Short films & Documentaries
- I Loved a Desperate Woman "Rakastin epätoivoista naista"
Directed by Jarmo Lampela. Screenplay by Tove Idström. Drama, 52 min. 1999.
- One Hundred Generations "Sata sukupolvea"
Directed and screenplay by Markku Tuurna. A documentary film, 60 min. 1999.
- Slow at Heart "Kuningas hidas"
Directed by Saara Saarela. Screenplay by Iiro Küttner. Drama, 60 min. 2000.
- Stripping "Hengittämättä ja nauramatta"
Directed by Saara Saarela. Screenplay by Vera Kiiskinen. Drama, 75 min. 2002.
Directed by Lotta Kupiainen. Screenplay by Jan Forsström & Lotta Kupiainen. Drama / Comedy, 55 min. 2005.
- Family of One "Yhden hengen perhe"
Directed and screenplay by Mia Halme. A documentary film, 49 min. 2005.
- Opportunist "Menestyjä"
Directed and screenplay by Teemu Nikki. Black comedy, 9 min. 2005.
- Jungle of Dreams
Directed and screenplay by Esa Illi. Comedy. 45 min for TV. 2008.
- Tokyo Baby
Directed by Tommi Kainulainen. Screenplay by Aino Lappalainen & Anna Lappalainen. Youth drama . 26 min for TV. 2010.
- Happy Fatties
Directed by Teppo Airaksinen . Screenplay by Teppo Airaksinen & Antti Pesonen. Black comedy. 16 min for TV. 2010.