|Single by Third Eye Blind|
|from the album Out of the Vein|
|Length||4:22 (Album version)|
|Third Eye Blind singles chronology|
"Blinded" is a song by alternative rock band Third Eye Blind from their 2003 album, Out of the Vein. It was written by Stephan Jenkins, Arion Salazar, and Tony Fredianelli. The song received positive reviews from music critics and peaked at #17 on the Billboard Pop Songs chart.
The protagonist of the song is a man who goes to his ex-lover's apartment and spies on her through the bathroom door, illustrated in lyrics such as "I see you fogging up the mirror / Vapor round your body glistens from the shower."
"Blinded" received positive critical reviews. Billboard 's Chuck Taylor wrote that the song was "a jangly, pop-rooted rocker that reflects the signature style of the band: lyric-loaded, a big chorus, hearty, organic instrumentation, and more than a smattering of sexual innuendo. Adult top 40 and modern rock should take this baby in and give it a happy home." Billboard 's Larry Flick thought that the song would "easily stand the test of time." While comparing Out of the Vein to Third Eye Blind's previous work, the Record-Journal 's Alan Sculley wrote, "Frisky songs like 'Blinded (When I See You)' and 'Crystal Baller' sit comfortably alongside past hits like 'Semi-Charmed Life' and 'Never Let You Go.'"
"Blinded" was the first single released off of Out of the Vein. It spent 15 weeks on the Billboard Adult Pop Songs chart and peaked at #17 on July 5, 2003. It also peaked at #35 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart and at #34 on the Billboard Pop Songs chart. It was the only single from Out of the Vein to appear on the charts.
|U.S. Billboard Adult Pop Songs||17|
|U.S. Billboard Alternative Songs||35|
|U.S. Billboard Pop Songs||34|
- "Out of the Vein - Third Eye Blind". allmusic.com. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "Singles". Billboard. April 26, 2003. p. 39.
- Sinclair, Tom. "Out of the Vein Review". ew.com. May 7, 2003. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "Blinded - Third Eye". allmusic.com. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "A Collection - Third Eye Blind". allmusic.com. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "Albums". Billboard. May 24, 2003. p. 34.
- Sculley, Alan. "Third Eye Blind takes their sweet time with latest CD". Record-Journal. May 1, 2003.
- "Blinded - Third Eye Blind". billboard.com. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "Out of the Vein - Third Eye Blind Awards". allmusic.com. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "Blinded (When I See You)". mtv.com. June 24, 2003. Retrieved June 16, 2012.