Location in Gooding County and the state of Idaho
|• Total||0.62 sq mi (1.61 km2)|
|• Land||0.62 sq mi (1.61 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||3,271 ft (997 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||311|
|• Density||512.9/sq mi (198.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0371602|
Bliss is located at (42.926123, -114.948697).
As of 2000 the median income for a household in the city was $25,313, and the median income for a family was $32,500. Males had a median income of $29,821 versus $14,375 for females. The per capita income for the city was $10,731. About 11.5% of families and 12.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 13.6% of those under the age of eighteen and 4.2% of those sixty five or over.
As of the census of 2010, there were 318 people, 117 households, and 72 families residing in the city. The population density was 512.9 inhabitants per square mile (198.0/km2). There were 138 housing units at an average density of 222.6 per square mile (85.9/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 72.3% White, 0.3% Native American, 2.2% Asian, 23.6% from other races, and 1.6% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 34.6% of the population.
There were 117 households of which 38.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 45.3% were married couples living together, 12.8% had a female householder with no husband present, 3.4% had a male householder with no wife present, and 38.5% were non-families. 33.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.1% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.72 and the average family size was 3.65.
The median age in the city was 34.8 years. 28.9% of residents were under the age of 18; 10.1% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 23.7% were from 25 to 44; 29.2% were from 45 to 64; and 8.2% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the city was 50.9% male and 49.1% female.
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-12-18.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-06-03.
- Parker, Quentin (2010). Welcome to Horneytown, North Carolina, Population: 15: An insider's guide to 201 of the world's weirdest and wildest places. Adams Media. pp. viii.
- Thompson, George E. (2009). You Live Where?: Interesting and Unusual Facts about where We Live. iUniverse. p. 25.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Climate Summary for Bliss, Idaho