|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, California, U.S.|
|Products||Software Performance testing|
Blitz is a cloud-based load-and performance-testing service (SaaS) that allows developers to "rush" (load test) a Web app or Web API with up to 50,000 concurrent users within seconds from multiple points of presence around the world. The tool allows users to test web applications, websites, and APIs to identify infrastructure weaknesses.
Blitz is a load-testing tool from the cloud to the cloud. Blitz customers tend to be application and website developers who use the service throughout the iterative build process of mobile applications, websites, and APIs.
Blitz provides developers with several capabilities throughout the build process:
- Load testing for Web apps and APIs to test scalability
- Integration with PaaS providers, continuous integration tools, and browsers
- Scales testing up to 50,000 simultaneous virtual users on a pay-per-test model
- Cloud-based, no client to install. However, this means it is unable to test applications behind firewalls or otherwise protected from the Internet.
- "Featured Engineer: Interview with Kowsik Guruswamy". EEWeb. 2012-08-03. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Load Test Your Server with Blitz.io". Webmaster-Source. 2012-08-28. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- "Blitz.io Makes Load Testing Fun". Bigdinosaur. 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2012-09-27.
- Singh, Harpreet (2012-08-22). "Blitz.io as CloudBees verified solution". DeveloperResources. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- Buckley, Sean (2012-04-20). "Spirent sharpens cloud strategy by purchasing Mu Dynamics for $40M". FierceTelecom. Retrieved 2012-09-27.