|Directed by||Scott Marshall|
|Produced by||Justin Berfield
|Written by||Matthew Flanagan
Rachael Leigh Cook
|Distributed by||Screen Gems
Sony Pictures Entertainment
|Release date(s)||December 21, 2007|
|Running time||93 minutes|
Blonde Ambition is an American film released in December 2007 and inspired by the theme of the Academy Award-winning movie Working Girl, starring singer/actress Jessica Simpson playing the part of a small town girl who moves to New York City and rises up into a career as a business woman. The film also stars Luke Wilson, Paul Vogt and actor/comedian Andy Dick.
Before the movie started filming, the media reported that Blonde Ambition was a remake of the 1980s film Working Girl. After Simpson learned about this rumor, she talked to Empire Online and stated, "I don't know where that came from", "it's a movie called Blonde Ambition co-starring Luke Wilson. It's definitely the theme of Working Girl - this small town girl that moves to New York City to rise up into this great career as a business woman pretty much. But it's definitely not a remake." Simpson also said that this film is more of a knockabout comedy than the Melanie Griffith starrer, which was a drama genre movie.
The official trailer for the movie leaked to the Internet on early May 2007, a full version of a pre-release DVD was leaked on December 16, 2007.
Box office 
It was released into eight theatres in Texas, the home state for stars Simpson and Wilson, on December 22, 2007 before a DVD release date on January 22, 2008. Blonde Ambition averaged $48 per screen on December 22, 2007 for a total box office of $384 . This meant, based on an $8 ticket price, that only 6 people paid to see the movie at each of those eight theatres and only 48 people in total went to see the movie.
Opening weekend, the film finished 54th at the North American box office with a three-day gross of $1,332 and a per-theatre-average of $165. In Ukraine, however, the film opened at #1 in its first weekend (February 16–17, 2008), earning $253,008. In Russia, Blonde Ambition opened up at #7 at box office and has grossed $399,854 to date, and in the Philippines it opened at #5 and has grossed $16,538 to date.
Blonde Ambition, despite being a box office disappointment, impressively grossed $2.7 million in the first five days of DVD release ranking #23 on the DVD sales chart. This is possibly due to Jessica Simpson's fanbase supporting her. Since the movie's DVD release date it has grossed $11.56 million in the United States.
Credited cast 
- Jessica Simpson - Katie Gregerstitch
- Luke Wilson - Ben Connelly
- Drew Fuller - Billy
- Rachael Leigh Cook - Haley
- Paul Vogt- Floyd
- Andy Dick - Freddy
- Bill Jenkins - Robert Perry
- Karen McClain - Betty
- Larry Miller - Richard Connelly
- Penelope Ann Miller - Debra
- Piper Mackenzie Harris - Amber Perry
- Sarah Ann Schultz - Samantha
- Dan Braverman - Cab Driver
- Willie Nelson - Pap Paw
- Casey Keene - office assistant
- Ryan Dunn - Griswold
- Jessica Simpson - "A Public Affair" (For Trailer Purposes Only)
- KT Tunstall - "Suddenly I See" (For Trailer Purposes Only)
- Lily May - "I Got Love"
- Monique Ximenez - "You Can Fly"
- Austin - "Let's Make Love"
- Hipjoint feat. Stef Lang - "Girl From Nowhere"
- MegaJive - "The Way I Rock"
- Stretch Nickel - "Beautiful Day"
- Price - "Something In Your Eyes"
- Hugh James Hardman - "Live A Little"
- Adam Ant - "Wonderful"
DVD release 
- "Blonde Ambition (2007)". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 7 August 2011.
- Blonde Ambition Trailer
- Blonde Ambition - DVD
- Only 48 People Paid to See Jessica Simpson’s New Movie | /Film
- The Numbers - Weekend Box Office Chart
- Lacey Rose (2008-02-10). "Blonde ambition gross". BOX OFFICE MOJO.
- Blonde Ambition (2007) - International Box Office Results
- ROTTEN TOMATOES: Top Rentals
- Blonde Ambition (2007) - DVD / Home Video Rentals