Blonde Charity Mafia
|Blonde Charity Mafia|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||6|
|Executive producer(s)||Julie Pizzi
|Original channel||MTV Australia|
|First shown in||Australia|
|Original run||August 5 – September 9, 2009|
Blonde Charity Mafia was a reality television series produced by Patty Ivins and Julie Pizzi that followed the lives of three socialites whose lives revolved around charity events. The show did not air in the United States. It was, however, shown on MTV Australia, MTV UK, and MTV New Zealand, as well as on Star! and other channels in about a dozen other countries.
Network and premiere date changes and cancellation
Blonde Charity Mafia was developed by the Lifetime network, and filmed in September 2008 on location in Washington, D.C. After production was completed, Lifetime decided to sell the series to The CW rather than airing it. The CW scheduled the series premiere for July 7, 2009 at 9 p.m. Eastern/8 p.m. Central. However, the network later decided to forgo all new programming for that summer, and planned to broadcast the series in the winter as a midseason replacement. Sometime after that, The CW apparently lost interest in the show; it removed references to the series from its websites, and on December 29, officially confirmed that it would not air on the network. Blonde Charity Mafia was apparently dropped in favor of two reality series developed by The CW, Fly Girls, about Virgin America flight attendants, and High Society, which followed socialite Tinsley Mortimer. On May 20, 2010, not long after completing their eight-episode runs, both of these series were canceled as well.
Where Are They Now
Katherine Kennedy is a principal at Availor Group, which invests in tech-based for-profit, for-purpose companies in the areas of health and wellness, education, and innovative philanthropy. She is also the face of the Prevent Cancer Foundation.
- Frankel, Daniel (August 20, 2008). "Lifetime falls for 'Blonde Charity Mafia'; Network gives order for documentary series". HOTTOPIC - Reality TV. Daily Variety. Retrieved April 27, 2010.
- Schneider, Michael (August 4, 2009). "CW hot for remakes". Variety. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- de Moraes, Lisa (June 6, 2009). "A 'Blonde' Summer Highlight? Not So Fast.". Style. The Washington Post. p. C05. Retrieved April 27, 2010.
- de Moraes, Lisa (December 30, 2009). "The TV Column: 'Blonde Charity Mafia' gets whacked by CW". The Washington Post. Retrieved May 23, 2011.
- Where Are They Now: Blonde Charity Mafia's Katherine Kennedy http://distriction.com/2012/03/where-are-they-now-blonde-charity-mafias-it-girls-2/ Distriction
- Krista Johnson http://guestofaguest.com/directory/krista-johnson/
- InTheCapital's Sophie Pyle Starting New Venture http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/inthecapitals-sophie-pyle-starting-new-venture_b125257