|Directed by||Jason Hewitt|
|Produced by||Michael Arata
Carsten H.W. Lorenz
|Written by||John A. O'Connell
|Music by||Jermaine Stegall|
|Editing by||Ezra Gould
Donald Ray Washington
|Studio||Films In Motion
|Running time||89 minutes|
Blood Out is a 2011 American action thriller film released direct-to-video. The film is written by Jason Hewitt and John A. O'Connell, starring Val Kilmer and Luke Goss, and is Hewitt's directorial debut.
Small town Cop Michael Savion (Luke Goss) gets stone-walled by big city detectives led by Hardwick (50 Cent) when he asks them to investigate his younger brother's death. After his brother's death he swears vengeance in a flashback where he fires his gun in the rain over his dead body. His brother David (Ryan Donowho), a gangster, was murdered by members of his own gang for having wanted to quit the gang lifestyle in order to marry Gloria (a gang members sister), and for being suspected of 'ratting' out his gangs activities... Savion takes off his badge and goes vigilante to seek justice for the death of his brother, and crosses paths with Arturo (Val Kilmer), the leader of an international ring involved in human trafficking.
- Luke Goss as Michael
- Tamer Hassan as Elias
- AnnaLynne McCord as Anya
- Vinnie Jones as Zed
- 50 Cent as Hardwick
- Val Kilmer as Arturo
- Ed Quinn as Anthony
- Ryan Donowho as David
- Ambyr Childers as Medic
- Michael Arata as Detective
- Jesse Pruett as Methhead
- Bobby Lashley as Hector
- Stephanie Honore as Gloria
Former WWE Wrestler Bobby Lashley stars in the film.
As an unusual method of "clearing his head" on set after "flubbing" an occasional line of dialog, Val Kilmer would briefly break into dog-like barks and howls.
Lionsgate/Grindstone acquired distribution rights for the U.S. and Canada while Lionsgate U.K. acquired distribution right for the UK, and has announced tentative plans for an end-of-year domestic release of the film.
The film was released on DVD and Blu-ray in America on April 26, 2011.
- Tramontana, Lisa (May 7, 2010). "Blood Out set to begin filming". 2theadvocate.com. Retrieved June 17, 2010.
- Vandelay, Arthur (June 4, 2010). "Blood Out gets domestic, foreign distribution". Scene Magazine (scenelouisiana.com). Retrieved June 18, 2010.
- "Val Kilmer shoots film in Baton Rouge". WAFB (wafb.com). April 12, 2005. Retrieved June 17, 2010.
- "Vinnie Jones and Blood Out co-star Tamer Hassan in fight outside hotel". The Telegraph (adelaidenow.com.au). April 26, 2010. Retrieved June 17, 2010.
- Horst, Carol (May 11, 2010). "Cinema Management out for 'Blood'". Variety. Retrieved June 17, 2010.
- Hollywood Reporter staff report (June 3, 2010). "CMG racks up pre-sales for thriller 'Blood Out'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 17, 2010.[dead link]
- "IMDB full cast and crew".
- Tom Woodward (February 28, 2011). "Lionsgate has announced a new film starring Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson". DVDActive. Retrieved February 28, 2011.