|Look up bloodlust or bloodthirsty in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bloodlust or bloodthirstiness refers to a desire to see blood being shed; although it is a portmanteau of blood and either lust or thirst, it usually refers to a desire to see blood being shed in combat (which the heroic bloodshed genre in popular culture follows, with modern examples such as Purgatori, Bloodrayne, and films directed by Quentin Tarantino.)
It can also refer to a literal lust or desire, for either the sight or drinking of blood, such as blood fetish associated with sexual activity, or for drinking blood in vampire-like behaviour similar to vampire myths.
Bloodlust can also refer to:
- Bloodlust!, a 1961 thriller B movie.
- Bloodlust, a home video title of the 1981 film Docteur Jekyll et les femmes
- Bloodlust: Subspecies III, 1994 low-budget horror film.
- Bloodlust (album), a 2005 album by Through the Eyes of the Dead.
- Bloodlust (Femme Fatales), a Marvel Comics villain and enemy of Spider-Man.
- Bloodlust (comics), a Marvel Comics villain.
- Bloodlust Software, a computer game developer.
- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, a 2000 Japanese animated movie.
- Bloodlust, a French role-playing game.
- "Bloodlust" (Supernatural), an episode of the television series Supernatural
- 'Bloodlust', a song by Philosophy Slap from the 2010 release "Monsters With Attitude" - http://www.reverbnation.com/philosophyslap/song/10233018-bloodlust
- Berserker, Norse warriors who fought in a berserk rage.
- Killer instinct (human behaviour), the trait of a desire so strong killing is acceptable.[clarification needed]
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.