Panel from Adventures of Superman #507 of Bloodsport aka Alex Trent.
Superman vol. 2, #4 (April 1987)
Adventures of Superman #506 (November 1993)
|Alter ego||- Robert DuBois
- Alex Trent
|Team affiliations||Aryan Brotherhood|
Access to high tech weaponry in a warehouse by using a teleportation device.
Fictional character biographies
First appearing in Superman Vol. 2 #4 (April 1987). An African-American man named Robert DuBois has a mental breakdown and becomes obsessed with the Vietnam War, after learning that his brother, Michael aka "Micky" had gone to fight in his place and became a quadruple amputee. An agent of Lex Luthor persuades DuBois that Superman is the enemy and supplies DuBois with a teleporter and weapons including bullets made from kryptonite. DuBois adopts the name Bloodsport, rampaging through Metropolis, and injures Superman with the kryptonite bullets before collapsing when confronted by his brother. Bloodsport appears in JLA/Avengers as a villain who ambushes the Vision and Aquaman with a group of other villains.
First appearing in The Adventures of Superman #506, Alex Trent is a fanatical racist, a member of the Aryan Brotherhood, a white supremacist group that Perry White and Franklin Stern encountered when they were younger. He adopts the name Bloodsport, ironically used previously by an African American. He also has a similar teleporter grafted into his body, which he can likewise use to summon weapons. He is captured by Superman after Ron Troupe destroys the warehouse from which he was teleporting his weapons.
Some time later, in an effort to provide an outlet for rising tensions at Stryker's Island Prison, a boxing match between the two Bloodsports is organized. Trent is able to activate his teleporter, and bring in weaponry. In the resulting confusion, DuBois is killed while trying to escape. Trent is later burned in his prison cell by the Brotherhood for showing weakness in front of DuBois.
The teleporter technology has since been used by the anti-corporate vigilante Demolitia.
A new Bloodsport has recently appeared in Superman comics, teaming up with Hellgrammite and Riot, but little has been revealed about him thus far.
One year later
In other media
- The Robert DuBois version of Bloodsport appears in the Justice League Unlimited episode "The Cat and the Canary." Bloodsport appears at Roulette's Meta-Brawl fighting Electrocutioner. He later appears as a member of the Secret Society, but is killed off-screen during JLU's series finale.
- In the Smallville, episode "Extinction", an original character by the name of Van McNulty (played by Jesse Metcalfe) was the first to manufacture Kryptonite bullets and use them against a young Clark Kent while under the belief that he was the enemy. Because of this, he may very well be based on Bloodsport.
- Byrne, John (w), Byrne, John (p), Kesel, Karl (i). "Bloodsport!" Superman v2, 4: 22 (April, 1987), DC Comics
- Byrne, John (w), Byrne, John (p), Kesel, Karl (i). "Bloodsport!" Superman v2, 4: 13 (April, 1987), DC Comics
- Wallace, Dan (2008). "Bloodsport". In Dougall, Alastair. The DC Comics Encyclopedia. London: Dorling Kindersley. p. 56. ISBN 0-7566-4119-5.
- JLA: Salvation Run #3
- "World's Finest Online - Justice League Unlimited: Bloodsport". Retrieved 2008-09-26.