Bloody Pit of Horror
|Bloody Pit of Horror [Original Italian Title: Il Boia Scarlatto)|
"He was a homicidal maniac who LIVED TO KILL!"
|Directed by||Massimo Pupillo|
|Produced by||Francesco Merli,
|Running time||87 min|
Bloody Pit of Horror (Original Italian title: Il Boia Scarlatto) is a 1965 Italian gothic horror film based on the writings of Marquis de Sade and directed by Massimo Pupillo. The film, set in Italy, stars Mickey Hargitay, Walter Brandi, Luisa Baratto, and Rita Klein, and tells the story of a group of women modeling for a photo shoot, when the owner of the castle becomes the Crimson Executioner, bent on their deaths.
A former actor named Travis Anderson lives in a castle with two bodyguards. A book publisher and his crew sneak in to take photos, thinking the castle is empty. They are discovered and are asked to leave immediately. But then Travis recognizes one of the girls as his former girlfriend, Edith. He relents and lets them stay the night.
The evil spirit of a former resident known as 'the Crimson Executioner' is then released by accident. The spirit possesses Travis, who begins punishing his guests for their (unspecified) physical and spiritual imperfections.
- Mickey Hargitay: Travis Anderson
- Walter Brandi: Rick (as Walter Brandt)
- Luisa Baratto: Edith (as Louise Barret)
- Rita Klein: Nancy
- Alfredo Rizzo: Daniel Parks (as Alfred Rice)
- Barbara Nelli: Suzy (as Barbara Nelly)
- Moa Tahi: Kinojo
- Femi Benussi: Annie (as Femi Martin)
- Ralph Zucker: Photographer
- Nando Angelini (as Nik Angel)
- Albert Gordon
- Gino Turini (as John Turner)
- Roberto Messina (as Robert Messenger)
The film was released under different names according to geography, including A Tale of Torture, Bloody Pit of Horror (United States), Castello di Artena, Il, Crimson Executioner, Some Virgins for the Hangman, The Castle of Artena, The Red Hangman (United States) (promotional title), The Scarlet Executioner, The Scarlet Hangman, and Virgins for the Hangman.
The film was featured on the MSTing show Incognito Cinema Warriors XP in 2009. The piece was ridiculed for its overly-elaborate torture devices, as well as the un-heroic nature of protagonist, Walter Brandi, who repeatedly tries to save the other characters but fails with nearly every attempt.
- [http: //www.archive.org/details/bloody_pit_of_horror_ipod "iPod version at Internet Archive"].
- [http: //www.publicdomaintorrents.com/nshowmovie.html?movieid=872 "Public Domain movie list"].
Pit of Horror SUBTITULADA AL ESPAÑOL ONLINE