Bloody Roar 3
|Bloody Roar 3|
North American PlayStation 2 cover art
|Developer(s)||Hudson Soft, Eighting|
Bloody Roar 3 is a 2000 fighting arcade video game developed by Eighting and Hudson Soft. It is the first of the series to appear on the Sony PlayStation 2. The game was ported to the Nintendo GameCube in 2002. Western releases of the Nintendo GameCube port are called Bloody Roar: Primal Fury and the Japanese release is called Bloody Roar Extreme. In 2003 the game was released on the Xbox in all territories as Bloody Roar Extreme.
The gameplay (the controls) had six different buttons and the commands would be; punch, kick, throw, beast form, and side-step left and right with L2 and R2, which can also be done by double tap down or up to side-step. The main feature is still the ability to transform into beasts, which is involved in all of the Bloody Roar games. Once the character transforms, they regain all the health they have lost and become much stronger and more powerful than before.
- Returning characters
- Yugo the Wolf - W.O.C. leader determined to stop the XGC
- Alice the Rabbit - a W.O.C. activist who follows Yugo on his search for the XGC mark's origin
- Long the Tiger - a vagrant on a journey to stop the harmful XGC
- Gado the Lion - a Commissioner willing to lead the next battle between humanity and Zoanthropes
- Kenji/Bakuryu the Mole - a student with the desire to protect his burdened brother
- Uriko the Half Beast - a student who goes to find the XGC to cure her boredom
- Stun the Insect - a solitary former researcher for Tylon encouraged by Jenny to look for the XGC
- Shina the Leopard - a mercenary sent to find the source of the XGC
- Jenny the Bat - a top spy tasked with looking into the chaos of the XGC
- Busuzima the Chameleon - a former head researcher for Tylon setting out to harness the power of the XGC code
- Shenlong the Tiger - a bouncer who will kill anyone he doesn't like
- New characters
- Xion the Unborn - a cold and reserved man who plots to exterminate all other Zoanthropes. His Zoanthrope is the Unborn.
- Kōryū - a relentless machine modeled after the first Bakuryu. His Zoanthrope is the Iron Mole. (Unlockable)
- Uranus - a perfected clone of Uriko known as the strongest Zoanthrope. Her Zoanthrope is the Chimera. (Unlockable)
- Cronos (introduced in Primal Fury)
- Ganesha (introduced in Primal Fury)
- Fang the Wolf, (introduced in Extreme)
The music was composed by Takayuki Negishi and was recorded at MIT Studio with Jun Kajiwara at the guitar, Michio Nagaoka at the bass, Atsuo Okamoto at the drums and Negishi at the synthesizer. The Japanese voice cast includes Hideo Ishikawa as Yugo, Mika Kanai as Alice, Ryōtarō Okiayu as Long, Kazumi Tanaka as Busuzima, Junko Noda as Bakuryu, Marina Ōno as Uriko, Takeshi Aono as Koryu and Eriko Fujimaki as Uranus. The English voice cast features Barry Gjerde as Yugo and a system voice, Kimberly Forsythe as Alice, Dario Toda as Long, Lenne Hardt as Shina, Paul Lucas as Busuzima, Greg Dale as Stun, Samantha Vega as Jenny, Chris Wells as Gado, Bill Sullivan as Shenlong, Michael Naishtut as Bakuryu, Bianca Allen as Uriko and John Nuzzo as Xion. The English voices of Primal Fury were recorded at Screenmusic Studios; the cast this version consists of Dee Bradley Baker (as "Dee Baker"), Michael Bell, Earl Boen, Cam Clarke, Lara Cody, Paul Eiding, Quinton Flynn, Michael Gough, Jennifer Hale, Lex Lang, Vanessa Marshall and Tasia Valenza.
Primal Fury adds two new characters, improved graphics and faster loading times.
- Instruction Booklet, p. 28-29.
- Kasavin, Greg (22 March 2002). "Bloody Roar: Primal Fury Review". GameSpot. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 27 November 2013.
- "Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (GCN) at Game Rankings". Game Rankings. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- "Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (GCN) at Metacritic". Metacritic.com. 2002. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- ニンテンドーゲームキューブ - ブラッディロア エクストリーム. Weekly Famitsu. No.915 Pt.2. Pg.99. 30 June 2006.
- Matt Casamassina (2002-03-14). "Bloody Roar: Primal Fury (GCN) review at IGN". IGN. Retrieved 2008-08-28.
- Official website (Japanese)
- Bloody Roar: Primal Fury at MobyGames
- Bloody Roar Extreme at MobyGames
- Bloody Roar 3 at Giant Bomb