Bloom Township, Wood County, Ohio
|Bloom Township, Ohio|
Location of Bloom Township in Wood County
|• Total||35.6 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Land||35.6 sq mi (92.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.04 sq mi (0.1 km2)|
|Elevation ||715 ft (218 m)|
|• Density||73/sq mi (28/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087178|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Portage Township - north
- Montgomery Township - northeast corner
- Perry Township - east
- Washington Township, Hancock County - southeast corner
- Cass Township, Hancock County - south
- Allen Township, Hancock County - southwest
- Henry Township - west
- Liberty Township - northwest corner
Several villages are located in Bloom Township:
- Bairdstown, in the south
- Bloomdale, in the southeast
- Cygnet, in the northwest
- Part of Jerry City, in the north
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
The Bloom Township House is located at the intersection of Huffman Rd. and Oil Center Rd.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Bloom township, Wood County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.