Bloomfield (NJT station)
The Bloomfield Station facing downtown Bloomfield from the inbound platform.
|Connections|| NJT Bus: 11, 28, go28, 29, 34, 72, 92, 93, 94, and 709
(on Bloomfield Avenue)
(on Glenwood Avenue)
|Platforms||2 side platforms|
|Electrified||September 3, 1930|
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Passengers (2012)||1,067 (average weekday)|
The original station building in circa 1908, prior to the 1912 track elevation
|Location||Washington St. and Glenwood Ave., Bloomfield, New Jersey|
|Area||2 acres (0.8 ha)|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84002631|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
Bloomfield station is a New Jersey Transit station in Bloomfield, New Jersey along the Montclair-Boonton Line. The station is located in downtown Bloomfield, the second within the municipality, just west of Bloomfield Avenue. This is the second station served on the line after Newark Broad Street Station after Watssesing Avenue station.
The current Glen Ridge, Bloomfield and Watsessing Avenue stations along the Montclair Branch were all built in 1912 during a grade separation program by the Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad. Bloomfield Station has been on the National Register of Historic Places since June 22, 1984 and on the New Jersey State Historic Preservation Office listings since March 17, 1984.
The station has two ticket vending machines (TVMs) on the eastbound platform (to Newark and New York).
The station is the centerpiece of proposed plan to revitalize Bloomield's central business district. The former headhouse is privately owned but has not been redeveloped. In 2011, the owner announced they would sell the building, enabling the town to influence future plans.
- Yanosey, Robert J. (2007). Lackawanna Railroad Facilities (In Color). Volume 1: Hoboken to Dover. Scotch Plains, New Jersey: Morning Sun Books Inc. p. 102. ISBN 1-58248-214-4.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- Essex County Listings on the National Register of Historic Places (Building - #84002631)
- New Jersey State Historical Preservation Office (April 1, 2010). "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Essex County". New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection. p. 1. Retrieved July 25, 2010.
- Frankl, Jell (September 13, 2011). "Developer backs off from Bloomfield train station". The Record/Bloomfield Life. Retrieved 2011-09-16.
- "go bus 28". New Jersey Transit. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
Media related to Bloomfield (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
- NJT rail station information page for Bloomfield
- DepartureVision real time train information for Bloomfield
- Montclair-Boonton Line schedule
- Glenwood Avenue entrance from Google Maps Street View