Bloomington Township, Monroe County, Indiana
A barn along Maple Grove Road in the township
Location in Monroe County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.8 sq mi (95 km2)|
|• Land||36.61 sq mi (94.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.19 sq mi (0.5 km2) 0.52%|
|Elevation||735 ft (224 m)|
|• Density||1,206.4/sq mi (465.8/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47401, 47404, 47406, 47408|
|GNIS feature ID||0453115|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.8 square miles (95 km2), of which 36.61 square miles (94.8 km2) (or 99.48%) is land and 0.19 square miles (0.49 km2) (or 0.52%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Bloomington (northern half, from Third Street north)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these two cemeteries: Rose Hill and Valhalla Memory Gardens.
- Griffy Lake
- University Lake
- Monroe County Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 61
- State Senate District 40
- "Bloomington Township, Monroe County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Bloomington Township
||Bean Blossom Township||Washington Township|
|Richland Township||Benton Township|
|Van Buren Township||Perry Township||Salt Creek Township|