Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania
|Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania|
|President||David L. Soltz|
|Admin. staff||520 (total full-time and part-time)|
|Location||Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, USA|
|Athletics||NCAA Division II – PSAC (East)|
|Affiliations||Keystone Library Network
Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, commonly referred to as Bloomsburg, BU or Bloom, is a comprehensive public university located in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania, United States. It is one of the 14 state universities of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE). Bloomsburg University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, AACSB, NCATE, ABET, and by many other specialized accrediting agencies.
Programs & Clubs
Bloomsburg University offers 54 undergraduate majors, 44 undergraduate minors and 20 graduate programs. The school has more than 250 student clubs and organizations.
Bloomsburg University is ranked on several lists of top colleges for both Pennsylvania and the United States. 
- According to US News and World Report, Bloomsburg comes in at 95 in their list of top northeast universities. Nursing, Business, and Speech-Pathology were also ranked highly in their respective categories.
- BU was featured on Washington Monthly’s 2013 Best Bang for the Buck Rankings, a national list of schools that help non-wealthy students attain marketable degrees at affordable prices. BU ranked 113th out of 1,572 schools in Washington Monthly’s broader rankings.
- Online College Database, which uses data from the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Census Bureau, ranked BU third on its list of top PA Colleges for Future Service members, which includes non-profit, four-year colleges that offer at least two ROTC programs on campus and charge less than $20,000 yearly tuition.
- Affordable Colleges Online ranked BU 36th out of 81 Pennsylvania schools on its list of Top Colleges for Return on Investment, which takes into account low net costs and high lifetime earnings.
In 2012/2013 Bloomsburg University received 10,379 applications and accepted 7,015 (68%) of these applicants making Bloomsburg selective in its admission standards. The entering class had an average GPA of 3.39 and an average combined SAT score of 1040. 
Bloomsburg teams participate as a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association's Division II and Division I for Wrestling. The Huskies are a member of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC). Men's sports include baseball, basketball, cross country, football, soccer, swimming, tennis, track & field and wrestling; while women's sports include basketball, cross country, field hockey, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis and track & field.
In 2013, the Bloomsburg Huskies football team ranked 16 in the nation for Division II football and won the PSAC championship. The Huskie Wrestling team competes for Division I and is coached by Jason Mester as he begins his first season as head coach at Bloomsburg University.The Nelson Field House, located on Bloomsburg University’s upper campus, serves as home for the University’s Huskie Wrestling team dual meets and tournaments.
Bloomsburg University overlooks the town of Bloomsburg, situated a few hundred yards from the community's business district. Geisinger-Bloomsburg Hospital is across the street from a cluster of residence halls. The lower campus consists of seven residence halls, a student services center, campus dining, instructional buildings, library and recreational and social facilities. Upper campus is about a half-mile away, and is connected by shuttle service. It contains athletic facilities, three university-owned student apartment complexes, and a dining and conference facility. It is also home to Huskies athletics, including the Nelson Field House; Redman Stadium; fields for soccer, lacrosse and field hockey, baseball and softball; and a tennis center.
- The Pennsylvania Manual 117
- Pennsylvania Local Government Fact Sheet, 2005
- http://departments.bloomu.edu/instres/reports/Quick_Facts_2012-2013.pdf. Retrieved 26 December 2013. Missing or empty
- https://www.bloomu.edu/news-top-colleges. Missing or empty
- http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/bloomsburg-university-of-pennsylvania-211158/overall-rankings. Missing or empty
- https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/college-university-search/bloomsburg-university-of-pennsylvania. Missing or empty
- http://departments.bloomu.edu/instres/reports/Quick_Facts_2012-2013.pdf. Missing or empty
- "UP Bloomsburg Wrestling". University of Penn Bloomsburg Athletics. Retrieved 2014.
- "UP Bloomsburg Facilities". UP Bloomsburg Athletics. Retrieved 2014.
- Official website
- Official athletics website
- A Gallery of Presidents and History of Bloomsburg University
- Bloomsburg Through the Years (edited by Marguerite W. Kehr, August 1951)
- Quick Facts about Bloomsburg University