Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing
Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing (BQFP) is a joint venture owned by the Qatar Foundation and managed by Bloomsbury Publishing. Established in October 2008 and headquartered in Doha, BQFP is Qatar's first publishing house. It consists of two departments: Publishing, and Reading and Writing Development.
BQFP publishes a wide range of fiction, non-fiction, reference material, and children’s literature in both Arabic and English. A significant portion of its projects involve translating well-known works of Arabic into English and vice versa. These include children’s books like The Gruffalo and fiction like the up-coming The American Granddaughter by Inaam Kachachi, which has been translated from Arabic into English.
- Qatari Voices, a collection of essays by young Qataris.
- Annual Translation Conference. The first conference was held May 2010, in partnership with Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar and moderated by best-selling novelist Ahdaf Soueif.
- "Bloomsbury Qatar - Our Books". Bqfp.com.qa. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Authors Suad Amiry and Randa Abdel-Fattah in Doha for BQFP’s launch" (in French). Menassat. Retrieved 2012-03-12.
- "Book Trade Announcements - Ahdaf Soueif Heads The First Literary Translation Conference In The Gulf". booktrade.info. Retrieved 2012-03-12.