Blue&Me is an infotainment system for Fiat Group cars based on Windows Embedded Automotive and developed in a partnership (started in 2004) between Magneti Marelli (part of Fiat Group) and Microsoft Corporation. The system is based on modular structure which allows installation and use of arbitrary services. The system offers Bluetooth and USB connectivity to mobile phones and personal media players although it does not support A2DP. It also provides a hands-free system, allowing you to control all features by voice commands, using speech technology from Nuance Communications. With the help of Magneti Marelli the system is developed to be compatible with most mobile phones and media players. Blue&Me Nav is an enhanced system which adds GPS navigation features. It utilizes maps provided by Navteq or Tomtom.
At the Bologna Motor Show 2007, Fiat presented a new portable navigation unit addition to the Blue&Me system called Blue&Me Map. The system is exclusive to Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars and to Fiat Professional's light commercial vehicles.
EcoDrive was first presented as a preview at the Frankfurt Motor Show 2007 and then officially unveiled at the 2008 Paris Motor Show. It is a new service component which offers the ability to track driving efficiency. It collects data about CO
2 emissions and fuel consumptions by saving them to a USB key, which can then be connected to a PC and analyzed. It is now available for Fiat 500, Fiat Linea, Fiat Grande Punto and Fiat Bravo. Fiat Automobiles assures that in 2009 EcoDrive will be available for the whole car range equipped with Blue&Me.
- Abarth 500
- Abarth 500C
- Abarth Grande Punto
- Abarth Punto Evo
- Alfa Romeo 159
- Alfa Romeo Brera
- Alfa Romeo Spider
- Alfa Romeo 147
- Alfa Romeo GT
- Alfa Romeo MiTo
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta
- Fiat Croma
- Fiat Nuova 500
- Fiat Grande Punto/Punto Evo/Punto 2012
- Fiat Linea
- Fiat Bravo
- Fiat Panda (2011)
- Fiat Fiorino
- Fiat Qubo
- Ford Ka (Rebranded as Ford Audio)
- Lancia Ypsilon
- Lancia Musa
- Lancia Delta III
- "Blue&Me". fiat.com. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "Blue&Me: Endless Infotainment Possibilities While on the Road". microsoft.com. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "Blue & Me". alfaromeo.com. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "New Fiat 500 minicar: Blue&Me". autopressnews.com. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- "6.11.2007 FIAT TO LAUNCH NEW EVOLUTION OF BLUE& ME IN BOLOGNA". taliaspeed.com/2007/motor_shows. Retrieved 2007-11-30.
- "11.09.2007 IN FRANKFURT FIAT AND MICROSOFT ANNOUNCE ECODRIVE". italiaspeed.com. Retrieved 2007-09-21.
- Blue & Me website
- Fiat page on the technology
- Microsoft page on the technology
- Fiat page on ecoDrive