|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2013)|
|Traded as||NYSE: BXC|
|Headquarters||Marietta, Georgia, USA|
|Revenue||US$ 1.755 billion (2011)|
|Operating income||US$ -8.27 million (2011)|
|Net income||US$ -38.567 million (2011)|
|Total assets||US$ 503.9 million (2011)|
|Total equity||US$ 8.374 million (2011)|
|Owner(s)||Cerberus Capital Management|
|Employees||1,860 (Dec 2011)|
The distribution division of Georgia-Pacific Corporation began operations in 1954 with 13 warehouses utilized for the storage and distribution of Georgia-Pacific plywood. Over the next 40 years, the division quickly grew to over 130 warehouses nationwide, offering a wide range of products. In 1994, to build a better, more centralized distribution platform, the division consolidated its warehouses and created two large sales and operations centers in Denver, CO and Atlanta, GA.
In May 2004, Cerberus Capital Management, along with a team of senior leaders from the division, purchased the assets of the distribution division from Georgia-Pacific, forming the company known today as BlueLinx Corporation. One year later, the proud new owners successfully led BlueLinx through an initial public offering to become a publicly traded company listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
BlueLinx operate in all of the major metropolitan areas in the United States and, as of December 31, 2011, it distributed approximately 10,000 products from over 750 suppliers to service more than 11,500 customers nationwide, including dealers, industrial manufacturers, manufactured housing producers and home improvement retailers. The company operate its distribution business from sales centers in Atlanta and Denver, and the network of approximately 55 distribution centers.
As an independent distributor, BlueLinx has expanded its product offering to include more than 10,000 products and 70,000 SKUs. Select from a broad array of the most well-respected brands in the industry.
- "BlueLinx, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 27, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 13, 2013.
- "BlueLinx, Form S-1, Filing Date Sep 2, 2004". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 13, 2013.
- "BlueLinx, Form S-1/A, Filing Date Dec 10, 2004". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 13, 2013.
- "BlueLinx, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Mar 11, 2005". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 13, 2013.
- "BlueLinx, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Dec 6, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 13, 2013.