Blue (2001 film)
|Directed by||Hiroshi Ando|
|Produced by||Dai Miyazaki|
|Written by||Yuka Honcho|
|Music by||Yoshihide Otomo|
|Editing by||Nobuko Tomita|
|Running time||116 minutes|
Blue is a 2001 Japanese romantic drama directed by Hiroshi Ando based on the manga of the same name by Kiriko Nananan. The film stars Mikako Ichikawa as Kayako Kirishima and Manami Konishi as Masami Endo. The film was released in Japanese theaters in 2001, and the DVD version was released on March 29, 2003.
The film is about two teenage girls, Kayako Kirishima and Masami Endō, who find their friendship turning into something more.
Kayako Kirishima of the third grade at a high school feels a sense of isolation in school life and vague admiration and uneasiness in the future. One day she makes friends with Endō who is isolated from her surroundings because she remained in the same class for another year. Kayako is strongly attracted by Endō who shows her a world that she didn't know.
- Mikako Ichikawa as Kayako Kirishima
- Manami Konishi as Masami Endō
- Asami Imajuku as Mieko Nakano
- Ayano Nakamura as Chika Watanabe
- Yōko Hirayama as Sumida Emiko
- Ayaka Ota as Ayana Murai
- Sosuke Takaoka as Mizuuchi Manabu
- Tasuku Amagishi as Atsushi Kirishima
- Jun Murakami as older man
- "24th Moscow International Film Festival (2002)". MIFF. Retrieved 2013-03-31.
|This article related to a Japanese film of the 2000s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|