Blue Angel (Blue Angel album)
|Studio album by Blue Angel|
Blue Angel is an album released in 1980 by the band of the same name. They were fronted by a pre-fame Cyndi Lauper and sang a combination of Rockabilly and R&B cover songs. The band was fairly short-lived and the album was not a major success until after Lauper's solo career exploded. It has been released on five separate occasions:
- 1980 on Polydor Records on vinyl and cassette (Red Cover)
- 1984 on Polydor Records on vinyl and cassette (Yellow Cover)
- 1986 on Polydor/Reed Records on vinyl and cassette (U.S. only)
- 2005 on Universal Records on vinyl and CD (5,000 copy limited edition)
- 2007 on iTunes
All songs written by Cyndi Lauper and John Turi except where noted.
- "Maybe He'll Know"
- "I Had a Love"
- "Anna Blue"
- "Can't Blame Me"
- "Late" (Lauper, Turi, Brovitz)
- "Cut Out" (Fowler, King, Mack)
- "Take a Chance"
- "Just the Other Day"
- "I'm Gonna Be Strong" (Barry Mann, Cynthia Weil)
- "Everybody's Got an Angel" (Blue Angel, Gross)
A variety of demonstration tracks have leaked to the internet that did not appear on the album. Titles include "Don't Know," "Magazine Cover," "What a Thrill" and "Witness". Many tracks were later re-recorded by Lauper including "What a Thrill," "Witness", "Maybe He'll Know" and "I'm Gonna be Strong".
- Cyndi Lauper - lead singer & acoustic piano
- John Turi - keyboards, saxophone
- Johnny "Bullet" Morelli - drums
- Lee Brovitz - bass
- Arthur "Rockin' A" Neilson - guitar
- Roy Halee - Production, Engineering
- Lincoln Y. Clapp - Assistant Engineering
- Benno Friedman - Photography
- Stephanie Zuras - Design
- Bob Heimall - Art Direction