Blue City (film)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012)|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Michelle Manning|
|Produced by||William Hayward
|Written by||Ross Macdonald
|Music by||Ry Cooder|
|Cinematography||Steven B. Poster|
|Editing by||Ross Albert|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
|Running time||83 minutes|
Blue City is a 1986 drama film based on the 1947 Ross Macdonald novel of the same name about a young man who returns to a corrupt small town in Florida to avenge the death of his father. The film was directed by Michelle Manning, and stars Judd Nelson, Ally Sheedy and David Caruso.
Returning to the small Florida town where he grew up, Billy Turner (Judd Nelson) learns that his father has been killed. With little help from the police, Billy will take matters into his own hands and go up against a ruthless local mob in a desperate search to find the killer.
|This section requires expansion. (September 2013)|
- Judd Nelson as Billy Turner
- Ally Sheedy as Annie Rayford
- David Caruso as Joey Rayford
- Paul Winfield as Chief Luther Reynolds
- Scott Wilson as Perry Kerch
- Anita Morris as Malvina Kerch-Turner
- Luis Contreras as Lieutenant Ortiz
- Julie Carmen as Debbie Torres
- Allan Graf as Graf
- Hank Stone as Hank
- Tommy Lister, Jr. as Tiny
- Rex Ryon as Rex
- Felix Nelson as Caretaker
- Willard E. Pugh as Leroy
- Sam Whipple as Jailer
Release and reception
- NANCY MILLS (1986-11-19). "Women Directors: Door Opens - Page 3 - Los Angeles Times". Articles.latimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- Canby, Vincent (1986-05-02). "Movie Review - Blue City - FILM: 'BLUE CITY,' FLA. - NYTimes.com". Movies.nytimes.com. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- "Blue City : DVD Talk Review of the DVD Video". Dvdtalk.com. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
|This article about a crime drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|